Snowrunner

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Snowrunner

Post by Matty »

Looks decent. PC (EGS), XBox and PS4 - 4 player Co-op to boot for when you get stuck in the mud/snow.

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Snowrunner

Post by Ascender »

That looks like good fun!

Seems to have got very good reviews too.
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Just for context though - no VR support, no FFB on wheels (coming "soon") and only limited wheel support full stop:
Thrustmaster T-GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T300
Thrustmaster T80
Logitech G29
Thrustmaster TX Ferrari
Hori Racing Wheel Apex PS4-052e
Hori Racing Wheel Apex PS4-142e
Hori Racing Wheel Overdrive
Logitech G920
Subsonic SA5426 Racing Wheel
Logitech G Saitek Farm Sim Controller
Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel
Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I enjoyed Mudrunner so I’ll probably pick it up at some point
An absolute unit
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Only played for 20 mins so far but its basically a Korean polished Mudrunner as expected, so if you liked Mudrunner then buy it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks good, I’ll buy mudrunner as it has FFB and is on Steam, the workshop mods look great. Sadly it seems they opted to not use steam for this and it will take a while to fix the FFB.
How about not having a sig at all?
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Managed another 30 mins on this today, it's pretty good, seems a lot better resolved than Mudrunner was.

Looks like it will take some serious time to get anywhere though!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Are these games any good without a crazy serious big rig setup - i.e. just a controller?
Cheers,

Mike.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Yeah I'm only using an Xbox controller and its fine.

Might get a Logitech G920 if they ever come back in stick!
Matty

Post by Matty »

Ascender wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:55 pm Are these games any good without a crazy serious big rig setup - i.e. just a controller?
Judging by the terrible wheel support I'm pretty sure they were designed with a controller as the primary design ethos :lol:
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

:lol:

Might pick this up then, I think we’ve entered the “gaming” part of lockdown. Must play Red Dead 2 as well.... I think there’s a whole Fallout game sitting almost untouched too. For some reason I always seem to play those a year or two after they come out and get absolutely hooked on them.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Matty wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm
Ascender wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:55 pm Are these games any good without a crazy serious big rig setup - i.e. just a controller?
Judging by the terrible wheel support I'm pretty sure they were designed with a controller as the primary design ethos :lol:
Yep I downloaded Mudrunner on steam and it felt awful on FFB, and it’s so noisy too - muddy tracks just don’t translate well to it so got a refund and downloaded it on the Nintendo Switch - feels more suited too it too. It’s the ultimate game for when you’re bored as you can spend an hour just covering 500 metres :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ascender wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:25 pm :lol:

Might pick this up then, I think we’ve entered the “gaming” part of lockdown. Must play Red Dead 2 as well.... I think there’s a whole Fallout game sitting almost untouched too. For some reason I always seem to play those a year or two after they come out and get absolutely hooked on them.
I entered the gaming part 2 weeks ago when I commendeered the nephew's Xbox and bought Forza Horizon.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This has just turned up in gamepass, it's pretty good fun. More of the same if you've played Mudrunner but it feels more accessible to get started. Probably because you're not thrown into a swamp with a shonky old soviet truck this time :lol:
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I had a quick go of this yesterday. When I say "quick", I mean a VERY long go at doing the first few contracts as the different places were all joined by off-road tracks which limited my truck to about 1mph.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I spent about 20 minutes rocking my little pick up back and forth after driving it into a bog :lol:
An absolute unit
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I always thought it was lame to watch videos of other people playing video games

But there's something I find very relaxing about watching people play Snowrunner
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, a few of the twitch streamers I follow have been playing it. They don't usually do driving games but they find it pretty relaxing.

It's like playing Death Stranding for me, just ambling around trying to figure out how to get over the landscape.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

DaveE wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:11 pm I always thought it was lame to watch videos of other people playing video games

But there's something I find very relaxing about watching people play Snowrunner
Yeah, I find that with things like Euro Truck Simulator and stuff.

I had another go last night and it is extremely relaxing once you get in to it. I need to work out how to go from one area back to another though because obviously I skipped through the instructions for that bit and now need to do it.
Cheers,

Mike.