Doom Eternal

Zonda_

Doom Eternal

Post by Zonda_ »

The lad has bought this to help lockdown pass quicker, it’s great, like being a teenager again!
nuttinnew

Re: Doom Eternal

Post by nuttinnew »

Doom Eternal to help lockdown pass quicker :lol:
Try not to sing the KLF when playing it.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

About halfway through (Mars surface) now. I really want to like it more but all the jumpy platforming bits totally do my head in. I just want to shoot stuff!
Beany

Post by Beany »

I love the way it looks, and the combat loop looks very satisfying, but I think it would involve more thinking than I want to do when I (rarely, these days) sit down to blast a few things. I'm not remotely saying that's a bad thing, it looks great in every respect.

I watched a playthrough of it instead :lol: and watching the player start to get into the meat of farming for ammo and armour, attacking high teir enemies, farming mid teirs for health, saving up blood punches, flambeeing zombies for more armour, zipping around everywhere, it just looked like a blast.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

The management stuff becomes a bit second nature after a while. Rather than thinking "running low on ammo, best go look for some pickups" you think "running low on ammo, better chainsaw this dude."
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:16 pm The management stuff becomes a bit second nature after a while. Rather than thinking "running low on ammo, best go look for some pickups" you think "running low on ammo, better chainsaw this dude."
Definitely starts to get more interesting once the Mauraders and Doom Hunters make an appearance too!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

He was playing it the other day and came across a PC from the era of the original Doom. I had to explain to him about the 1.44 floppy drive. It asks for a password but he hadn’t managed to find it to see if it unlocks anything.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

There’s nothing obvious in the game that gives it away. Freely available on t’internet, but I think you would need a ridiculous level of doom backstory knowledge to guess it!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 am There’s nothing obvious in the game that gives it away. Freely available on t’internet, but I think you would need a ridiculous level of doom backstory knowledge to guess it!
Is the password daisyrabbit? :lol:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

If you are going to try and guess, we are going to be here a long time...
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:47 pm If you are going to try and guess, we are going to be here a long time...
*googles it*

My word, that is obscure.