XBox Game Pass

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

XBox Game Pass

Post by Matty »

This is mainly for the PC, but guess it applies to the main XBox too.

It's been an absolute gaming-changing bargain for me. Paid £2 for 2 months, plus got a bonus month for turning on recurring. Then I got 3 months (+1 for re-enabling recurring) with my new CPU. In that time, I've probably burned through about £250 worth of games, many of which I'd have never have bought.

Just finished "A Plagues Tale: Innocence" which was great. Dishonoured 2 fairly recently....it's a great service even at £4/month.
ZedLeg

Re: XBox Game Pass

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, I have the monthly subscription tied in with my gold sub on my Xbone. It's really great.

Currently playing Children of Morta which is an excellent game.

I probably download at least one of the new games every week to give them a try.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

And we’re back online with a second Xbox One seeing as the boy has taken my one.

Mud Runner? How on earth is that addictive???

What other recommendations are there from Game Pass? I’ve got Forza downloading now, I only scratched the surface of that when it came out.
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Played RDR2?

It's a very slow burn, but brilliantly written and a genuinely great story. Needs a bit of time investment - I'd advise skipping all the gathering/busywork stuff and just play the main questline.

Outer Worlds is a decent FPS/RPG.
Dishonoured 2 I enjoyed.
As per the original post, Plagues Tale is FG.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

What kind of games do you like?

Like I said before Children of Morta is one of the best games I’ve played in ages.

Outer Worlds is fun if you like an RPG that’s not too serious

The Outer Wilds is a really good space exploration/ puzzle game.

I also really liked Oxenfree, Tacoma, Dead Cells and Slay The Spire.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Thanks, that’s a she load of recommendations for me to get through!

RDR2 is downloading as we speak.. I’d only played the first hour or so of it before the xbox disappeared.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I just bought an Xbox for the kids as the PS2 and Wii are not really cutting edge.

It came with free game pass and live pass I think it said for a month. My son is only 9 but likes the lego games but trying to workout whether to just buy the odd game or whether we want a monthly sub to with play his mates from afar or to have access to games for "free".

Watching them driving round the lake district was a bit odd as I recognised the roads.