Computer Chairs?

MikeHunt

Re: Computer Chairs?

Post by MikeHunt »

Nathan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:55 pm Great to hear that, do you feel that it forces you to sit a little upright and rely on your core ?
Yes, thinking about it maybe that is partially the benefit. As it doesnt lock in place you are forced to adjust your posture.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Beany wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:04 pm I hate to be that guy....

Yeah this. I'm weighing up a secretlab titan evo vs more conventional office chairs.

I need to go to John Lewis and park my backside in a few different options, it's very hard to work it out from reading reviews online alone...
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I bought a Titan earlier in the year. Overall it is a good chair, but I was surprised by the hardness of the foam.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I'm more looking at a cherry tree exec one - I like copious padding.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:14 am I’ve not been following this thread but I’ve been sitting on a wooden kitchen chair for the last seven months, last week was a long week and at risk of TMI - my bottom was quite numb by the end of it. So snap decision, I’ve ordered one of those Sidiz chairs. Should be arriving Tuesday.
Seeing as the thread has been bumped - Sidiz chair arrived, I wasn’t blown away at first but it’s proved to be very comfortable.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:47 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:14 am I’ve not been following this thread but I’ve been sitting on a wooden kitchen chair for the last seven months, last week was a long week and at risk of TMI - my bottom was quite numb by the end of it. So snap decision, I’ve ordered one of those Sidiz chairs. Should be arriving Tuesday.
Seeing as the thread has been bumped - Sidiz chair arrived, I wasn’t blown away at first but it’s proved to be very comfortable.
I think sometimes these good chairs are initially uncomfortable then feel better as your posture actually gets better when you spend time sat in them.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I expect many are designed to be not too soft at first so they mould to you and last a lot longer than something soft and squishy which is flat and offers little support 6 months on.
Cheers, Harry
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

My home office chair has kinda given up the ghost over the weekend so I'm back relooking at this thread.

Hermann Miller anything is like $2000 here but a lot of the gamers I know are recommending either a Corsair T3 or a Secretlab Titan EVO instead which I can get for $7-800. I see a few peeps have gone the Scretlab route but in my quick googling around I see reviews comparing them to other gaming chairs and not high end office chairs. Do any of you guys who've bought them have insights?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

If I was in the market for a new chair, I'd look at a second-hand Herman Miller. At work, Sky has literally hundreds of them of varying models and they are all superb.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Delphi wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 am If I was in the market for a new chair, I'd look at a second-hand Herman Miller. At work, Sky has literally hundreds of them of varying models and they are all superb.
and they last forever. My Aeron that I stole is at least 14 years old and is fully functional and would basically clean up like new with a Quick dust.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:05 pm 3 things you shouldn’t cheap out on, your bed, sofa and your office chair. But people will spend a third of their lives on a shit ikea bed, spend another third in a shit chair and then the rest in a shit sofa whilst spending a fortune on a car which they spend the least amount of time in.
The list of things you shouldn't go cheap with is way longer than that:

Bed
Office chair
Sofa
Bread
Prostitutes
Paint
Tupperware
etc etc
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:15 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:05 pm 3 things you shouldn’t cheap out on, your bed, sofa and your office chair. But people will spend a third of their lives on a shit ikea bed, spend another third in a shit chair and then the rest in a shit sofa whilst spending a fortune on a car which they spend the least amount of time in.

Bed
Office chair
Sofa
Bread
Prostitutes
Paint
Tupperware
etc etc
cheap white bread can be great in the right situation, and takeaway curry tubs are a great Tupperware alternative for a lot of applications.

Bed
Chair
Sofa
Tyres
Helmets
Simon

Post by Simon »

Gavster wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Bed
Office chair
Sofa
Bread
Prostitutes
Paint
Tupperware
etc etc
Condoms
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Holy thread bump Batman...

I need a decent chair for my office. I can put it through my company as a legitimate company expense.. so what should I buy that I can just order online today and will come reasonably quickly?

Is a secondhand Herman Miller Aeron or Embody still the way to go?
Cheers,

Mike.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Ascender wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:31 pm Holy thread bump Batman...

I need a decent chair for my office. I can put it through my company as a legitimate company expense.. so what should I buy that I can just order online today and will come reasonably quickly?

I have a HM Mirra, bit cheaper than the Aeron, got it used from a local supplier for £250, cured my shoulder issues in combination with an upright mouse so I would have another in a heartbeat.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Ascender wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:31 pm Holy thread bump Batman...

I bought a second-hand HM Sayl in 2015 which has served incredibly well over seven years of daily use and still looks fresh as a daisy.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Oh no, now there's two more different models to consider!
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

AFAIK they're all great, you can't go wrong.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

They are indeed, it's the adjustability that did it for me where my old Ikea Marcus was OK the fixed arm meant I was alway weight bearing on my shoulders.
The good thing about them too is they last really well so office clearers who clear old bank offices usually have loads of them and many different models too.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I've ordered a used, remastered Aeron. No headrest, but will see how I get on with it without first.
Cheers,

Mike.