Any Train nerds ?

jamcg

Re: Any Train nerds ?

Post by jamcg »

We’re moving house soon, it’s got a room already earmarked for a train set in. Used to have one, which got dismantled a few years ago. Got all the bits still so it’ll get set up again and the build will start
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 pm We’re just about to have the loft boarded, this thread isn’t helping...

The other half’s father is currently mid way through building a layout and it’s taking up a fair chunk of his double garage 8-)
Wife's friend's father (keeping up so far? :) ) has a layout in his garage. His wife initially said no, but he talked her around based on the fact that the layout "...when not in use..." would be cantilevered to/from the wall, then he would place the trains on the tracks when he wanted to use it.

I went round to see it, and had to ask therefore why the legs of the table appeared to be bolted to the floor :lol: He replied saying things were a little stoney inside the house for a while, but "...it's been mostly ok since..."
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Excellent! The nice thing about this layout in the garage is it has a hoist system... to remove the dust cover :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Screw that, toy trains all around!!!

Just keep the price tags secret, it can turn into an expensive hobby ;)

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Should arrive today, I have a nice steam engine to pull it with and will add some freight wagons for the ammunition, charges etc.

Sadly this means I need to extend the track a lot as the scale of the gun will look odd on my track. So it will mean a long extension, a bridge and a tunnel. I just need to make more loft space.

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

So I’ve added 5 more locomotives, a lot of stock, a fiddle yard, a steam refuelling area and a staging section for up to 15 wagons.

The last one is a tiny flatbed wagon which is used to send parts to the steam yard and diesel yard.

It’s fun to be a nerd.

Dave!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Looking good there Dave 8-)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace