Cheap wheels again

Barry

Re: Cheap wheels again

Post by Barry »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm
The money people want for 'proper' rigs which are just a few chopped up lengths of off the shelf aluminium extrusion is absurd!
I don't think £100 is a bad price for this setup tbh, it's sturdy, adjustable and you could easily add a frame and chair if you are handy..

Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:20 pm No seatbelt or head rest?! Are you mad? What happens if you crash?
If I've been drinking, it's more when I crash than if.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It is amazing how minute amounts of alcohol affect you when you’re gaming.
I’ll admit to having a pint frequently then driving home, it’s within the legal limit and I don’t feel impeded at all but when doing hot laps on the limit or playing FPS it’s pretty noticeable how your skills degrade right at the limit.
How about not having a sig at all?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

So [mention]Jimmy Choo[/mention] did you use a guide/build for your rig, or did you just measure up yourself and throw it together?

Quite keep to look at putting something together myself.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Matty wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:32 pm So @Jimmy Choo did you use a guide/build for your rig, or did you just measure up yourself and throw it together?

Quite keep to look at putting something together myself.
I measured it myself. The pedals fitted inside the width of the seat rails which made life easier. I picked up some wood and a small sheet of MDF at B&Q and threw it together in an afternoon.

The slanting front legs of the table and the bracket underneath give clearance and space for the clamps. I put the shifter on the right because RACECAR and also it was less likely to get knocked about by clumsy oafs bashing into it while throwing a vacuum cleaner around. :oops:

As the seat is manual, it retains all the adjustments that I could need so I can use it, my 6'2 stepfather can use it and 7 year old Toby can use it.

I just wanted an excuse to play with my pocket hole and dowel jigs. :lol:

edited to add - If you're down this way, you'll have to come for a look.
Banal Vapid Platitudes