NEW RICK & MORTY !

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

NEW RICK & MORTY !

Post by Sundayjumper »

Aired last night in the US. I'm downloading S04E01 right now 8-)
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Re: NEW RICK & MORTY !

Post by Mr Pish »

any official uk broadcasters or do we have to sail the high seas?
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, m'laddie.

It'll be on Channel 4 in January.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!!!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:14 am It'll be on Channel 4 in January.
ch4 listened to fan backlash - Nov 20th now

My lad got me to watch the Pickle Rick episode. It’s like a grown-up Regular show. I laughed a lot... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Good start, I laughed, I cried, I vomited, I questioned the existence of the universe and my own sanity.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Its good they saw sense and have brought it forward to November for the UK. Who sits on these media companies boards and thinks it will work to hold back release of something incredibly popular by months? Is it 1990 again?

I know Disney+ is using some new DRM for their launch, but the force is strong with the geeks so I'm expecting The Mandalorian to be available for download soon after it airs.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:07 pm My lad got me to watch the Pickle Rick episode. It’s like a grown-up Regular show. I laughed a lot... :lol:
I especially like the car battery episode (S2E6) for an escalating series of existential nightmares and just plain old nightmare nightmares.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Total Rickall and Mr Meeseeks were amazing, but the writing of all the characters is brilliant and stands up to repeated viewings so well - I think I notice something new every time.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

New Rick & Morty is very good, it doesn't disappoint.
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yes, that was indeed enjoyable.
dan

Post by dan »

never watched them before, half way through series 2 now though, very funny. Especially liked Mr Meeseeks.
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

dan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:37 pm never watched them before, half way through series 2 now though, very funny. Especially liked Mr Meeseeks.
Existence is pain!
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Pickle Riiiiiick!!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
Middle-aged Dirtbag
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

PICKLE RICK YEAH!!!!
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:02 am To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
I like the fart jokes.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Very good Rev... :lol:

oh and for the sake of clarity - ;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…