jamcg

Boeing Dreamliner

Post by jamcg »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50293927

So that’s 3 models with issues now
NotoriousREV

Re: Boeing Dreamliner

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sounds like Boeing have a real, deep seated culture issue.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Post by scotta »

Id say this is almost as concerning as the MAX issue. if the drop down masks don't work then you are proper fucked.
mik

Post by mik »

Difficult with US litigation culture to figure out if this really does indicate a significant culture problem (within Boeing), or if it is just disgruntled (ex)employees striking whilst they are down in the hope of landing a mahoosive personal payout. :?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm Difficult with US litigation culture to figure out if this really does indicate a significant culture problem (within Boeing), or if it is just disgruntled (ex)employees striking whilst they are down in the hope of landing a mahoosive personal payout. :?
There’s been a series of whistleblowers that have all said similar things. It makes sense to me that the culture this guy describes leads to the issues seen on the MAX i.e. management not listening to workers.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:37 pm
mik wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm Difficult with US litigation culture to figure out if this really does indicate a significant culture problem (within Boeing), or if it is just disgruntled (ex)employees striking whilst they are down in the hope of landing a mahoosive personal payout. :?
There’s been a series of whistleblowers that have all said similar things. It makes sense to me that the culture this guy describes leads to the issues seen on the MAX i.e. management not listening to workers.
Exactly this. It’s been mentioned before in the other thread with a fair few sources. Unfortunately it’s not just Boeing with this problem, but you can’t exactly pull a plane over into a lay-by mid flight when it goes wrong :?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace