We did this

drcarlos

Re: We did this

Post by drcarlos »

Congratulations, sounds like the birth of my first one he's now 17 and a royal PITA (like every other teen age kid) so clearly unaffected by the whole experience!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Congratulations to all of you. Yep, it's a damn emotional thing to go through, and that's just the bloke.
Left over crest; tightens.
tim

Post by tim »

Nicely done, sir and mrs sir.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Congratulations chap! Best feeling in the world! 😎
Cheers,

Ian
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Congrats! 8-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thanks everyone. Eventually got them home on Saturday evening. O/H still recovering from the C-Section. There are highs and lows of looking after champ. I'm managing more sleep than the O/H, but it's hard to settle into a routine of anything. Still; early days.

He sleeps a lot, which I'm doing my best to discourage during the day, but it's quite natural when he's warm and snug and in your arms I guess.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:16 pm Thanks everyone. Eventually got them home on Saturday evening. O/H still recovering from the C-Section. There are highs and lows of looking after champ. I'm managing more sleep than the O/H, but it's hard to settle into a routine of anything. Still; early days.

He sleeps a lot, which I'm doing my best to discourage during the day, but it's quite natural when he's warm and snug and in your arms I guess.
Let him sleep. At this stage his total wake hours per day should be in the single digits IIRC.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Well done all concerned.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Looks shit.

Well done :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 pm
Simon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:16 pm Thanks everyone. Eventually got them home on Saturday evening. O/H still recovering from the C-Section. There are highs and lows of looking after champ. I'm managing more sleep than the O/H, but it's hard to settle into a routine of anything. Still; early days.

Let him sleep. At this stage his total wake hours per day should be in the single digits IIRC.
Fair enough, but what do you do about the fact that otherwise he'll be asleep all day and awake all night? Genuinely curious.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:56 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Fair enough, but what do you do about the fact that otherwise he'll be asleep all day and awake all night? Genuinely curious.
You don't do much, sorry. At this stage he probably can't feed enough to sleep through or possibly even for more than a few hours, whatever the time of day (note: all children are different, behaviour may vary, contact your manufacturer for support :D).

If it ends up that way there are sleep coaches that can help with building a night/day rhythm, but let him settle into the world first. Neither of mine "worked out of the box", took some time (weeks) to learn a routine.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Marv

Post by Marv »

Belated congrats to all three of you 😁👍
Oui, je suis un motard.
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

Nice work 👍
zx6rkiller
Currently Driving: M2 Comp, 420d

Post by zx6rkiller »

Congrats! Start reading the Decent Recent TV thread for those sleepless nights :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Congratulations to you all! Enjoy every minute of it.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:02 pm Congratulations to you all! Enjoy every minute of it.*
*there’ll be plenty of times when this is not possible! When it’s shit, remember it will get better!!!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Rich B wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:53 pm craziness
/thread.