Anyone used a parcel forwarding service?

integrale_evo

Anyone used a parcel forwarding service?

Post by integrale_evo »

Yes, yes I'm sure someone has, just if any of you lot who's opinion I sort of trust has or would use one.

I've found a wing for the fiat, unfortunately it's in Spain and the seller won't ship outside Spain.

I've found a site called parcl which lets you put a link to the item, where you want it sending from and to. You then get offers from people who live in that region and will ship onwards. The dodgy bit is that from what I can tell, anyone can set up an account and nick your item as well as the money they charge to send it on :lol:

Alternatively, anyone going to Barcelona in the near future or know anyone who lives in Spain and would send a large parcel to the uk? ;)
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Re: Anyone used a parcel forwarding service?

Post by Simon »

There's the YT channel 'Restore It' who's restoring a BMW 325 out there, having moved out 6 months ago. Maybe he'll help you if he knows you're a kindred spirit?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Try parcel2go for a price.

Shipped 2 large 20kg boxes in 4 days to Benidorm the other week with ups for 50 quid insured upto 300. They may be funny about certain items and dimensions however.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

After reading peoples' roadtrips I looked at the route;

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Maidsto ... 850639!5i1

With all the roadworks it looks like it could be passed hand to hand pretty much all the way back.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ve heard Shiply recommended quite a few times; never used them myself though.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

He won't ship out of Spain but would he accept a Courier collection ??

I left an iPAD at the airport in Germany and arranged, via UPS for it to be collected and delivered to work. Wasn't cheap (£40 odd) but fairly simples...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
tim

Post by tim »

Yes. I imported from Korea some BTS merch the big girl was going batty over, using such a service. It worked out fine.

None of this is really useful to you Harry, sorry.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

how big is big?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Used the Parcl website, basically you put in what you want from where and where to, and users bid for your business and give a quote.

You either buy the item yourself and have it sent to them or you can opt to pay them the total amount and they will purchase and send on the item.

Easy enough to do, the main delays with my item were from the original seller of the item. The rest seemed to work smoothly enough, although the website emails notifying me of messages from my forwarder didn't always come through.
Cheers, Harry