Telly

Beany

Re: Telly

Post by Beany »

Richard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:03 am I don’t even pay for a TV license anymore
Likewise, I realised about a year after I have moved house that I hadn't even set up my Freeview box, and I couldn't think of the last time I'd used iPlayer.

Of course, they still send threatening letters, even after me repeatedly telling them I don't use anything related to the TV license :roll:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:28 am
scotta wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:47 am Ive discovered an issue - i use sky for my email account. loosing that would be a massive pain in the arse.
Set up a gmail or hotmail account now, set up auto-forwarding from the Sky account, and reply to everyone from your new account. Won't take long to switch with the bonus that you'll cut down on spam.
I have actually registered a domain so it might force me to set that up properly.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

scotta wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 am
scotta wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:47 am Ive discovered an issue - i use sky for my email account. loosing that would be a massive pain in the arse.
Set up a gmail or hotmail account now, set up auto-forwarding from the Sky account, and reply to everyone from your new account. Won't take long to switch with the bonus that you'll cut down on spam.
I have actually registered a domain so it might force me to set that up properly.
The problem is it can take ages to move all of your accounts. You forget about all those bizaare things you've signed up for until you've lost access to the account :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:33 am

The problem is it can take ages to move all of your accounts. You forget about all those bizaare things you've signed up for until you've lost access to the account :lol:
Yep all of that!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

scotta wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:02 pm
Matty wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:33 am

Yep all of that!
I thought your wife had told you to stop subscribing to those websites anyway...
Cheers,

Ian
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Matty wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:25 am
Richard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:03 am I don’t even pay for a TV license anymore
I was going to cancel mine, until I forgot and it autorenewed. You had any visits from the TV police yet?
I haven’t had one in five years and don’t need one either. Netflix, Prime and other catch up - no iPlayer usage. They send me a letter every year to confirm but that’s it, I’ve never had a visit.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

My new house has got a Sky Q dish, which means I can no longer use my Freesat which was perfect for recording sports highlights. :(

Not sure what to do next, but most of what I record seem to be able to get on the respective players. It's mostly the F1 and Match of the Day which have particular delays before going on the player which will be annoying.
scotta

Post by scotta »

so update on this.

I spoke to plusnet to resign my broadband contract. They were dicks and refused to match their new customer deal of £27.50 a month cos existing customer innit. Stamped my feet but teh dug un and best they would offer was £31.99 a month.

So after that i phoned Sky. They are now doing an offer for sky with netflix inclusive. Asked them what they can do to get me to resign and take broadband. they offered their Q package with movies all the entertainment channels inc discovery multiroom and HD plus netflix and Fibre with guaranteed 55.5 meg DL speeds for £71 a month all in which with the netflix saving works out to save £58.50 a month. So ive went with that and kept sky.