ZedLeg

Re: Arise Sir Geoffrey

Post by ZedLeg »

#lancxit
An absolute unit
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

McSwede wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:07 pm I was fortunate enough to attend an event at his house a couple of years ago to celebrate the anniversary of his hundredth 100.
That was a fantastic windup from Aggers :lol:

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:11 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:07 pm I was fortunate enough to attend an event at his house a couple of years ago to celebrate the anniversary of his hundredth 100. He exceeded my expectations. Generous, funny, charismatic and a fabulous host. One of my best day/evenings out ever.

He is honest and people don't like that sometimes. You hear a lot of his opinions because he's on the radio/tv to offer them to the viewer. It's safe to say he's the very definition of a marmite man! :lol:

Oh, and by the way Rev, his lovely Yorkshire home is up for sale as he's relocating to Lancashire :lol: :lol:
We need to take back control of our borders :evil:
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

unzippy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:02 am
McSwede wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:07 pm I was fortunate enough to attend an event at his house a couple of years ago to celebrate the anniversary of his hundredth 100.
That was a fantastic windup from Aggers :lol:

Was it ever. I was listening live in the car thinking WTF?? That's going to put a downer on the bash I'm going to 🤣🤣
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

There was a phone-in about this on BBC Kent on Sunday that contained many unspoofable bits;

"He was convicted but he's got away with it."

"They say he was convicted for violence but all he got was a slap on the wrist."

"...and we'll be back after this track; Madness, It must be love."
GG.

Post by GG. »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:55 am bitches be cray cray
More interesting stuff about her likeable personality :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... ault-case/

Months after the first trial, it can be disclosed, Ms Moore was reported to police after allegedly attacking another man during a jealous rage before attempting to throw a stewardess off a luxury yacht.

The incident is said to have taken place on the French Riviera in summer 1998. Speaking out for the first time, the yacht’s captain and the stewardess separately recalled how Ms Moore had behaved like a raging “pit bull” during a trip only weeks after the Boycott trial. Both questioned whether Sir Geoffrey had been wrongfully convicted.
:?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Wow, the Telegraph and its readers really going after the victim of a convicted domestic abuse enthusiast.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Dave, I can see your mind is made up on this but with regards to The Telegraph - they're unlikely to pursue this just because they really, really like domestic violence, aren't they? Or has the publication gone the way of the tabloids?
GG.

Post by GG. »

If that incident had happened 6 months prior it may well have been admitted in court as character evidence going to the credibility of her as a witness.

I like Rev's black and white world view that once a conviction has been obtained it can never by questioned by the bringing to light of new evidence. Not sure that's that enlightened a viewpoint personally.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 am Dave, I can see your mind is made up on this but with regards to The Telegraph - they're unlikely to pursue this just because they really, really like domestic violence, aren't they? Or has the publication gone the way of the tabloids?

They're likely to try and discredit the woman because they see Geoffrey Boycott as one of their people.

British journalism is mostly garbage these days.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I have a feeling this might be Dave's Daily Trigger right here. Let's see.
Beany

Post by Beany »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 am Dave, I can see your mind is made up on this but with regards to The Telegraph - they're unlikely to pursue this just because they really, really like domestic violence, aren't they? Or has the publication gone the way of the tabloids?
It's the Daily Mail for people who don't want to admit reading the Daily Mail.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Today's guardian Long Read is pretty timely...

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... SApp_Other
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 am If that incident had happened 6 months prior it may well have been admitted in court as character evidence going to the credibility of her as a witness.

I like Rev's black and white world view that once a conviction has been obtained it can never by questioned by the bringing to light of new evidence. Not sure that's that enlightened a viewpoint personally.
I didn’t realise that the appeals process took place via the press these days, I bow to your superior legal knowledge.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The Torygraph is the home of rich Gammons and its stories are aimed directly at that readership.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

How does The Times compare these days?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:29 am How does The Times compare these days?
I rarely see any of its content, to be honest. It’s gone full paywall so it could be serialising Mein Kampf for all I know.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Fair enough. I always held the Times and Telegraph up as the only two respectable papers, massively right-wing though they both are, but then so am I really.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I think The Times gets stick these days for not being rabidly pro-Brexit, so I think it’s actually pretty sensible.

As Zed says, the already awful British press has become even worse these days. You have to look very hard for the very few actual journalists, on all political sides.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I can't even rely on The Guardian to be wishy washy liberal anymore, it's full of terfs :lol:.
An absolute unit