Arise Sir Geoffrey

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Arise Sir Geoffrey

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am I think The Times gets stick these days for not being rabidly pro-Brexit, so I think it’s actually pretty sensible.

As Zed says, the already awful British press has become even worse these days. You have to look very hard for the very few actual journalists, on all political sides.
Ne'er a truer word spoken. Telegraph lost it a few years ago now, and as you say, if anything what I have seen of The Times seems to have become more balanced.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 am I have a feeling this might be Dave's Daily Trigger right here. Let's see.
Today’s Trigger is people having a pop at Angry Hospital Dad because *gasp* he’s a Labour supporter, btw.

“Should be spending his time with his sick child instead of scoring political points”

“He’s weaponising his child”

“He wAs WeArInG a mIcRoPhOnE pAcK” - No, he was wearing a belt, and where, exactly, was this microphone pack, that he presumably brought from home, supposed to be transmitting to?! Fucking bellends.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

There really is a lot to be said from just ignoring external influences to the greatest extent possible, isn't there.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m pinning all my hopes on catastrophic climate change wiping us all out.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

You should probably avoid reading twitter too :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 am I can't even rely on The Guardian to be wishy washy liberal anymore, it's full of terfs :lol:.
I had to look that one up...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 am I have a feeling this might be Dave's Daily Trigger right here. Let's see.
Today’s Trigger is people having a pop at Angry Hospital Dad because *gasp* he’s a Labour supporter, btw.

“Should be spending his time with his sick child instead of scoring political points”

“He’s weaponising his child”

"He wAs WeArInG a mIcRoPhOnE pAcK” - No, he was wearing a belt, and where, exactly, was this microphone pack, that he presumably brought from home, supposed to be transmitting to?! Fucking bellends.
I had a former 'Murder SIO' claiming that on twitter to someone I follow.

I quickly knocked this up.

I mean, fucking hell, you'd think a cop would know about verifying sources of information and not just blindly repeating hearsay as gospel.

He deleted his tweet in the end.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Good work, Beany.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

I quite deliberately follow Foxtrot_Cop so that I can see what the other side thinks.

Most of their info seems to come from Guido Fawkes or the Daily Mail. They swallow up anything they say entirely uncritically.

Which is...kinda sad.