Cycle Crash Today.

McSwede

Cycle Crash Today.

Post by McSwede »

Returning home from a nice family day out up near Pateley Bridge and was driving on the Ripon road. We were following a Trike (Gold Wing), a scooter (WGAF) and another car and we came up behind a pair of cyclists who were travelling downhill at some considerable pace. They were riding two abreast with the chap on the outside only a third or halfway alongside when the chap on the inside swerved to avoid a massive pothole and collided with his mate. The crash was quite spectacular and looked rather painful!!

We all stopped and it looked quite bad so some people administered first aid whilst myself and another chap directed traffic as the crash happened on an 'S' bend. It took about an hour to sort outwith the Police and paramedics taking bikes to the station and chaps to the hospital.

I wont forget seeing that tangled mess of bodies and bikes for a while. It was something else! Glad they were both going to be ok though as it looked quite bad!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Cycle Crash Today.

Post by Gavin »

Ouch, an accident happened on the way home on Saturday on the opposite carriageway on the Edinburgh Bypass.

At least the cars involved had safety cages and airbags!

Glad they were OK, I do occasionally see cyclists do staggeringly stupid things but not as often as I see ignorant drivers cut them up or cut them off or pass with inches to spare.