Ashes

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Broccers » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm

mik wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:46 pm
Check.
Hey Mik what is your chosen sport?

Can play rugby of football or politics :lol:

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2212
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by mik » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Drinkin

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Broccers » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:46 pm

mik wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm
Drinkin
You can win at that :lol:

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by dinny_g » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Smith was asked recently why he spends so long at the crease...

"I don't want to watch Cricket - it's bloody boring - I just want to be in the middle playing" :lol:

Still needs shooting mind but I'll settle for just 'Out'...
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

RobYob
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by RobYob » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Broccers wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:46 pm
mik wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm
Drinkin
You can win at that :lol:
Ahem.

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Broccers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am

Hopefully the weather is as bad as it is here and it gets rained off :)

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by dinny_g » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:08 am

Don't England need to win this one ?? A Draw and the Aussies retain the urn ??
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Broccers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:22 am

dinny_g wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:08 am
Don't England need to win this one ?? A Draw and the Aussies retain the urn ??
Last one is London so a win there and draw here means...... I really don't have a clue. We don't deserve to win so I am happy to say we werent good enough.

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Rich B » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am

Wasn’t every cricket fan wanking on about how amazing England was about a week ago?

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Broccers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:33 am

Rich B wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am
Wasn’t every cricket fan wanking on about how amazing England was about a week ago?
No they were celebrating a massive escape using our ginger thug. But you knew that Rich but like to ask your loaded questions :lol:

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by dinny_g » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:36 am

Broccers wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:22 am
We don't deserve to win so I am happy to say we werent good enough.
Have to agree (based on my minimal cricket knowledge)
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4668
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Ashes

Post by JLv3.0 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:37 am

Rich B wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am
Wasn’t every cricket fan wanking on about how amazing England was about a week ago?
Exactly as Mick, sorry, Broccers said. Heroics of one player the likes of which I've never seen before in over 30 years of watching the game. No, that wasn't just one match 😂

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Rich B » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am

Broccers wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:33 am
Rich B wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am
Wasn’t every cricket fan wanking on about how amazing England was about a week ago?
No they were celebrating a massive escape using our ginger thug. But you knew that Rich but like to ask your loaded questions :lol:
it wasn’t actually, I know nothing about cricket! I’ve heard of stokes and archer but I didn’t realise the rest of the team were shit!

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by Broccers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:49 am

JLv3.0 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:37 am
Rich B wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am
Wasn’t every cricket fan wanking on about how amazing England was about a week ago?
Exactly as Mick, sorry, Broccers said. Heroics of one player the likes of which I've never seen before in over 30 years of watching the game. No, that wasn't just one match 😂
Its really weird they can't get Smith out. Surely hitting his neck is the way forward.

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4668
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Ashes

Post by JLv3.0 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Rich B wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am
Broccers wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:33 am
Rich B wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am
Wasn’t every cricket fan wanking on about how amazing England was about a week ago?
No they were celebrating a massive escape using our ginger thug. But you knew that Rich but like to ask your loaded questions :lol:
it wasn’t actually, I know nothing about cricket! I’ve heard of stokes and archer but I didn’t realise the rest of the team were shit!
That's the thing though, they're not shit at all. World Cup winners etc. It's just that Australia, or rather Steve Smith, are / is better.

Steve Smith is the second highest ratest batsman of all time, after Don Bradman.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by dinny_g » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 pm

He has more test runs this year than anyone else... He was banned for 8 months of the year...

He's a machine

Even I'm beginning to understand how different ODI's and Test Cricket are. It's like 100m and the Steeplechase. Both competitions are held on running tracks, involve athletes, shorts, vests and trainers but they're very different sports.
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4668
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Ashes

Post by JLv3.0 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

......except it's the same athletes.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by dinny_g » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

some of the same athletes... ;)

though I will accept it's a pretty rubbish analogy...
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
unzippy
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by unzippy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 am

dinny_g wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 pm
He has more test runs this year than anyone else... He was banned for 8 months of the year...

He's a machine
And he had a test and a half off injured!
dinny_g wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 pm
Even I'm beginning to understand how different ODI's and Test Cricket are. It's like 100m and the Steeplechase. Both competitions are held on running tracks, involve athletes, shorts, vests and trainers but they're very different sports.
Chuck in 20/20 too, fascinating differences given that they are just about the same game.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division

User avatar
unzippy
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Re: Ashes

Post by unzippy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Fucking yes, shit weasle Warner 😄
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division

Post Reply