Pitching a tent

DeskJockey

Re: Pitching a tent

Post by DeskJockey »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm Vango Taiga 600XL
That would be perfect...

...if the did away with the middle door/wall and just ran the floor to the outer door. One Giant space...
We tend to block either of the middle doors with stuff and use the porch for wet weather gear (as we're camping in the lake district, that's quite useful)/kitchen.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah I can understand that... especially with smaller kids.

We have a System... door mat (no really.. :lol: ) inside the main door and a crate by the door. In one at a time, boots by the door, coats in the crate, then tent shoes on. When we’re all in, I can sort out the drying which involves hanging the coats in one of the TBS straps and the crate under to catch drips...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I got a new awning when I bought the new caravan. I looked at air awnings and was gobsmaked by the price. Surely something that has a rubber air bladder should be cheaper or no more than a tent that has extra poles? It just seems another way to rinse you because it’s new.
Got the pole awning in the end and it’s not leaked at all this week. Despite some mega rain, it is small though.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Those air awnings are great - I think with air bladders its very much a case of you pay for what you get and in the case of this stuff you want really good durable rubber (oo-er missus etc).
Cheers,

Mike.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Or just air tubes that 1) have over-pressure valves (people inflate on a chilly evening then they get hot in the sun) and 2) have good spares backup. Some of the cheaper ones just don't seem to have them available, so a blown tube could write off a tent.

This is all interesting, I'm watching for post-holiday sales as I need a proper family tent. Weekend away in early Oct planned with a few mates and their kids, and camping will probably be the way forward for affordable holidays now the eldest is starting school.