Bye Bye Boris!

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1991
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by dinny_g »

Yep...

Really enjoyed studying Marine Engineering (although my speciality was more River Systems).

How it’s far too complicated to do as a Job so I went into IT.

I once saw an entire crane tip into the sea on a field trim to the construction of New ferry harbour... 8-)
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Keep taking the meds fella






(if they're available)

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 2056
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 am
Keep taking the meds fella






(if they're available)
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 2278
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Broccers »

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:28 am
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 am
Keep taking the meds fella






(if they're available)
:lol: :lol:
Article says they will be - guess thats as factual as you can be (we like facts dont we?)

But yes anticipated response 8-)

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Richard »

And here’s another good thing, you’ll PROBABLY have safe drinking water to take those meds with, if they’re available, for which there’s about a 40% chance


Brexit - Probably not the meds you need, but probably safe water

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

😍

User avatar
duncs500
Posts: 1737
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by duncs500 »

RobYob wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:08 am
duncs500 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:58 am
I've done a fair bit of work with unexploded ordinance, including offshore.
:shock: I think we need a "fun stories on the job" thread. Have you read "This is not a drill" by Paul Carter?
Did I tell you about the time we dug up a 1000kg WW2 bomb? One of these: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SC1000_bomb

Happily, the incident is listed on the wiki page (2008). I think "...destroyed in a semi-controlled explosion..." would be more appropriate given it trashed most of the site! :lol:

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

Richard wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am
And here’s another good thing, you’ll PROBABLY have safe drinking water to take those meds with, if they’re available, for which there’s about a 40% chance


Brexit - Probably not the meds you need, but probably safe water
So if I’m one of the lucky 40%, I might be one of the 100000s that can’t wash my tablets down 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 2056
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am
RobYob wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:08 am
duncs500 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:58 am
I've done a fair bit of work with unexploded ordinance, including offshore.
:shock: I think we need a "fun stories on the job" thread. Have you read "This is not a drill" by Paul Carter?
Did I tell you about the time we dug up a 1000kg WW2 bomb? One of these: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SC1000_bomb

Happily, the incident is listed on the wiki page (2008). I think "...destroyed in a semi-controlled explosion..." would be more appropriate given it trashed most of the site! :lol:
"Hi boss. Yeah, we've cleared the site quicker than expected."

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Richard »

NotoriousREV wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:57 am
Richard wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am
And here’s another good thing, you’ll PROBABLY have safe drinking water to take those meds with, if they’re available, for which there’s about a 40% chance


Brexit - Probably not the meds you need, but probably safe water
So if I’m one of the lucky 40%, I might be one of the 100000s that can’t wash my tablets down 😂
And, think of all the extra time you’ll have to gaze lovingly at your beautiful new BLUE passport when you’re stuck at boarder control for two and a half days!

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

Some of my meds say to take them with a meal. I’m fucked.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:42 pm
Some of my meds say to take them with a meal. I’m fucked.
Eat your blue passport. Delicious patriotism!

User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by DeskJockey »

And another great benefit of Brexit: if you drive to Europe after the assumed exit date you'll need an international certificate of insurance. It doesn't run for the duration of the policy and you'll have to provide the dates you're away, at least two weeks in advance. You'll presumably have to apply for each journey and vehicle.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Jobbo »

You were always prudent to get a green card when driving in Europe anyway. The legal minimum cover provided automatically across the EU isn't your full cover.

User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by DeskJockey »

Didn't know that. But the difference now is between "must have" and "nice to have".
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Jobbo »

Any Brexiteers still think that we'll be out on 31 October?

Image

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Leave means Leave, Simon. Try and be positive.

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Jobbo »

And Brexit means Brexit, as well the chair of the Committee on Exiting the European Union knows.

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

Is it me or does that printer need its head aligning properly?
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Richard »

JLv3.0 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:29 pm
Leave means Leave, Simon. Try and be positive.
Thank you, James

Post Reply