Bye Bye Boris!

Zonda_

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Zonda_ »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:47 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:18 pm BBCs Nick Robinson:

History shows that PMs who "win" still end up losing - Thatcher resigned 8 days after winning, May within 6 months & Major lost to Blair in a landslide ...
It's nearly 3 years since your first post on this thread :lol: :lol:

Got to be right eventually.
My original post was in jest but since then I've rarely come to despise a politician as much as I despise Johnson.

And anyway it's my longest running post so fuck you! :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

He’s done worse than May, but he has no shame so he’ll stay. The shitshow carries on…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

He’s happy as a pig in shit.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

How many of the 148 will now resign their seats I wonder??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:23 pm How many of the 148 will now resign their seats I wonder??
I doubt they'll do that but they block anything he tries to do. Finally he's finished.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

So it's the lowest level of support in a. Conservative VoNC in the last 30yrs - even lower than Thatcher in 1990. And yet it's a "convincing result"?

He's not going anywhere and it does seem that there are enough Con MPs that are determined to hole their chances at the next GE.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

More people will actually care about love island than this 😃☀️
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Big question is, if they throw a leaving party for Boris. :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:23 pm How many of the 148 will now resign their seats I wonder??
You can’t simply resign as an MP so none. They do of course have alternative options open to them, e.g: resign the party whip, cross the floor.

I don’t agree with the below prediction but it seems plausible:

Boris is determined to carry on until his bitter end.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:32 am
You can’t simply resign as an MP so none.
Did not know that. I would have thought if you resign the party whip… I’d have it taken from you… you no longer represent the party that your electorate voted for and so should resign and re-stand as an independent.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:41 am
Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:32 am
You can’t simply resign as an MP so none.
Did not know that. I would have thought if you resign the party whip… I’d have it taken from you… you no longer represent the party that your electorate voted for and so should resign and re-stand as an independent.
It's a bit of a constitutional nonsense, but you don't technically vote for the party - you vote for the individual and if the elected MP swaps parties after being elected, the only remedy the electorate have is not to vote for them next time.

Boris is doing his bit for constitutional reform by removing as much as possible of the standards required of MPs and the Government though :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:34 am It's a bit of a constitutional nonsense, but you don't technically vote for the party - you vote for the individual and if the elected MP swaps parties after being elected, the only remedy the electorate have is not to vote for them next time.

Boris is doing his bit for constitutional reform by removing as much as possible of the standards required of MPs and the Government though :lol:
Nonsense is right.

Although I'm sure some people vote for the individual (by brother always did - vote for the guy who promised to do most in the constituency, regardless of party - this was typically the liberal, Simon Hughes in Southwark) I's say the vast majority vote for the local person who represents the National Party they most agree with in terms of manifesto etc.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Just noticed your updated signature Dinny - right twice in 4 years, not bad!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'm on a roll now... :lol:

Triple digit #BecauseDinny's though I'm sure... :oops:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 pm Why do none of the supporting MPs' tweets say anything genuine? All guff about the bigger picture. The bigger picture is that he does fuck all even when he's not lying and u-turning.
Nadine Dorries tweets seemed genuine, deranged but genuine :lol:
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:22 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 pm Why do none of the supporting MPs' tweets say anything genuine? All guff about the bigger picture. The bigger picture is that he does fuck all even when he's not lying and u-turning.
Nadine Dorries tweets seemed genuine, deranged but genuine :lol:
She's an absolute loon, but also epitomises exactly where we find ourselves with our government these days.

All the MPs tweeting out the same copied & pasted messages in recent days is just utterly depressing.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:35 am All the MPs tweeting out the same copied & pasted messages in recent days is just utterly depressing.
I did wonder if they were all tweeting that because it didn't give away that they were intending to vote against him.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

My local MP (Andrea Jenkyns) is a Nadine Dorries-like loony. She's a hard-core Brexiteer who once managed to give herself a concussion by falling off a chair during a meeting. She tweeted this

and got rinsed in the comments.

And one of my fellow constituents posted this response

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This Right to Buy bollocks? Am I on my own thinking this is a shite idea in the current climate?