Bye Bye Boris!

Jimmy Choo

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Did anyone catch the Speaker's masterful fairwell to Johnson?

"...We've been through many dark times within this house and none more so that through the pandemic and always will be remembered for what this house did and the way that you conducted those duties..."

Either the Speaker is preserving the neutrality of the role of the speaker or delivering a very cutting criticism of the blustering, sexually incontinent, opportunistic narcissist in chief. I think I know which one.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Marv wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:17 pm I remember someone saying many, many pages ago that once Boris finally fucks off, he'll deem everything he did a success and pat himself on the back.

Given what he said crappy leaving speech today, whoever predicted that was very correct :lol:
Not really a surprise

Even his school reports said he felt entitled to good grades without actually having to do any work

In his mind it's impossible for him to be wrong, not the best etc

Like any narcissist
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Boris might actually be suspended from the House after standing down - would have been even funnier if he had still been PM:
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:54 pm I think Truss will win as the majority of party members who get to vote on it are hateful old racists! They won't vote for Sunak.
Of course if they vote for sunak they are probably just a bunch of old misogynistic pigs who don't want another woman prime minister. 🙄
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:38 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:54 pm I think Truss will win as the majority of party members who get to vote on it are hateful old racists! They won't vote for Sunak.
Of course if they vote for sunak they are probably just a bunch of old misogynistic pigs who don't want another woman prime minister. 🙄
Nah, the Conservative Club I go in (not a member) have her portrait up and they still worship her.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:23 pm
drcarlos wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:38 pm
Nah, the Conservative Club I go in (not a member) have her portrait up and they still worship her.
Theresa May?

Blimey, didn't think she had that much of an impact in her short tenure!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:52 pm Boris might actually be suspended from the House after standing down - would have been even funnier if he had still been PM:
As fun as this is, Boris doesn't really want to be an MP if he's not PM anyway. He'll be off on the speech circuit doing his 'waffle waffle, something in Latin, piffle, smirk, suggestion suggestion' repertoire.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Simon wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:51 pm As fun as this is, Boris doesn't really want to be an MP if he's not PM anyway. He'll be off on the speech circuit doing his 'waffle waffle, something in Latin, piffle, smirk, suggestion suggestion' repertoire.
I’ve wondered what his ‘after party’ is going to be. Has he got that much clout on the world stage to make it big like Blair did, or does everyone think he’s just a bit of a dick.

There are plenty of people who have strong opinions on Blair but he’s made it work for himself. I can’t see Boris having the same opportunities.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

He's made a career of failing upwards. The'll be $eats on multiple boards already lined up.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

He’ll be highly paid for writing for newspapers, like he did before.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Thats part of the problem here. Noone without wealth already wants to be pm. They only do it to further their own interests.

Paying 500k+ a year might change that not 170? which really isnt a lot for the work involved.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:23 am They only do it to further their own interests.
I think you fairly safely say that about 90% of politicians.
240PP

Post by 240PP »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 am He’ll be highly paid for writing for newspapers, like he did before.
His idea of highly paid is different to most people’s though. The £250k the Telegraph paid him was ‘chicken feed’, apparently 😢
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

240PP wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:12 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 am He’ll be highly paid for writing for newspapers, like he did before.
His idea of highly paid is different to most people’s though. The £250k the Telegraph paid him was ‘chicken feed’, apparently 😢
Wasn't that for less than 1000 words a week, too?
240PP

Post by 240PP »

Something like that. It was a second job while he was mayor.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Fvck me, he’s as bad as Trump.. just go you buffoon! We’ve a middle of the road Government currently (imho.. it’s why Labour are having such difficulty persuading people to vote for them!) and BJ’s nonsense is doing nothing but weakening the Government!
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

Did he....did he make a deadcat out of his own resignation???
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

And from the same Telegraph hack just over an hour later:
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I think the new leader will be truss. A spectacular own goal by sunak here:

I don't think anyone would want a leader that admitted diverting funds from deprived areas to ones that are already pretty affluent.