Bye Bye Boris!

Broccers

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Broccers »

Brexit is in it's early stages and will be a success when as jobbo says people get over it.

Imagine being on team you want to fail so you can join another? Bit bizarre to me.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:49 am ownership of critical national infrastructure and services, and a "value for money spent" concept that doesn't just focus on who says they can do things the cheapest, but takes a big picture view and focuses on actual service delivery.
This is one of my biggest bugbears. But it won't ever change. It's not even just at a national level - local government awards contracts on the same basis. I've even been told as much once by someone in LA - it's not what you're capable of - it's how big is the name and how unrealistically low is the bid.

That's what they think matters to the public, and sadly they're probably right. The "Never Bloody Heard of it Company" being awarded a framework contract that costs twice as much as "That Global Brand You Do Know Of" would not go down well. Even if it's actually better VFM and the cost bid is actually the cost and not just a wedge to get in before ramping up other costs.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:05 am Brexit is in it's early stages and will be a success when as jobbo says people get over it.

Imagine being on team you want to fail so you can join another? Bit bizarre to me.
I didn't say anything about Brexit - I told you to get over Boris's departure.

Anyway, here's a candidate to get behind.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Sir Take is a very convincing parody :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:44 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:05 am Brexit is in it's early stages and will be a success when as jobbo says people get over it.

I didn't say anything about Brexit - I told you to get over Boris's departure.

Anyway, here's a candidate to get behind.
You're clearly not reading the thread. Response was to Andy 😮☀️🍻
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I didn't realise that people getting over it is all that's needed to resolve the Irish border issue :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pm

I didn't realise that people getting over it is all that's needed to resolve the Irish border issue :lol:
You don't realise a lot.😮👍
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:24 pm You're clearly not reading the thread. Response was to Andy 😮☀️🍻
You're clearly not reading your own posts - you mentioned me by name :P
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:04 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:24 pm You're clearly not reading the thread. Response was to Andy 😮☀️🍻
As Jobbo says get over it. Brexit lad. Anyway.....
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:53 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pm

You don't realise a lot.😮👍
While that is true, I think there's probably more involved with making brexit a success than just "getting over it". Even if I agree with the sentiment somewhat, there's nothing to be gained from kicking up a fuss over the vote at this point. Might as well try and make the best of a bad situation.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:05 pm
I told you to get over Boris going. I said nothing about Brexit. Don't misrepresent what I say.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:19 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:05 pm

I told you to get over Boris going. I said nothing about Brexit. Don't misrepresent what I say.
Jesus fucking Christ. Are you on the stupid tabs?

Must be the heat.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Nice bantz, Broccers. I'll engage with you until you behave like Boris, then you can get back in your fucking box.

In other news, the campaigning has started properly:

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

It's Friday Jobbo, we all know Broccers likes to get on the sauce extra-early on a Friday. He's been passed out on the kitchen floor since 6pm.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:27 pm It's Friday Jobbo, we all know Broccers likes to get on the sauce extra-early on a Friday. He's been passed out on the kitchen floor since 6pm.
Absolute slander.

4pm. You know it's been since 4pm.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:24 pm 4pm. You know it's been since 4pm.
Funny thing - I originally wrote 4pm, then I thought I'd better check if he'd posted since then, and his last post was 5:57 pm. So I quickly amended my post to 6pm ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Damn, you're taking this far, far more seriously than me.

He's not worth the calories burned to fire the neurons to get to that level of detail.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:27 pm I think there's a real risk that it'll be Jeremy Cunt, I mean Hunt.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not getting a good feeling about all the “what is a woman” culture war nonsense this morning tbh.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 am Not getting a good feeling about all the “what is a woman” culture war nonsense this morning tbh.
Another dead cat for the pile on the table.