Bye Bye Boris!

duncs500

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by duncs500 »

I know there's a lot going on in the world, but it's a shame it's not getting more media coverage. This crisis has made me feel like (and maybe there's not a logical reason for this) we need to be more self sufficient as a country, especially when it comes to something as fundamental as food. We should be doing everything to we can to boost agriculture in this country IMO.

The meat thing specifically won't necessarily affect me a great deal health wise. I don't eat a lot of meat, so hopefully I'll be able to spend a bit more for good stuff when I want it. Not really the point though, we should be maintaining high standards.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’d be curious to see how far this goes into other produce, the US’s record isn’t much better for veg. It’s not been that long since they had a huge salmonella outbreak caused by contaminated lettuce.
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’m genuinely concerned about our food standards going backwards but if I say anything I’ve got 51% of the country telling me this is what they voted for and to toe the line...
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Can we talk about Brexit again, it looks like it’s all been quietly going to shit while everyone’s been looking the other way.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 pm Can we talk about Brexit again, it looks like it’s all been quietly going to shit while everyone’s been looking the other way.
Be specific, or it just sounds like a Broccers style post!😂
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Not talking about that shit thanks
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:16 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 pm Can we talk about Brexit again, it looks like it’s all been quietly going to shit while everyone’s been looking the other way.
Be specific, or it just sounds like a Broccers style post!😂
The deadline for another extension passed at the end of June with nothing in place and we’re nowhere near having a trade deal agreed. Government are saying they want something in place by the end of summer but it’s looking more likely to be October so that means we’ll have two months to prepare before it actually happens.

The arguments about where trucks are going to stay for border controls at Dover suggests that people still don’t really understand what putting up a hard border between us and Europe really means.
An absolute unit
Marv

Post by Marv »

Unaltered trajectory!
Oui, je suis un motard.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Very true Marv :lol:
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I find myself wondering if the government have gone for full gamble and they’re thinking that lumping covid and Brexit into one big single disaster for the economy will mean a better economic recovery, i.e. do it all once and recover once rather than recover from covid and sink the ship again for Brexit. Politically it works out well too because they can blame anything that goes wrong on covid because it’s happened at the same time.

It’s madness, but the timelines suggest that’s the exact scenario we’ll be in even if the motives I’ve suggested are wrong.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

A pretty terrible vote on future trade deals last night.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 29396.html

Convenient of them to have it just before all other news gets buried by the Russia report.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:23 amConvenient of them to have it just before all other news gets buried by the Russia report.
What have those pesky Яussians been up to now then?
Cheers,

Mike.
Marv

Post by Marv »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:23 am A pretty terrible vote on future trade deals last night.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 29396.html

Convenient of them to have it just before all other news gets buried by the Russia report.
Sneaking in some shit underneath some other news, that they've been sitting on? That's not like the Tories at all! :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

More scrutiny = no direction.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:20 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:23 amConvenient of them to have it just before all other news gets buried by the Russia report.
The report on an investigation into Russian interference in British politics is out today.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 am
The report on an investigation into Russian interference in British politics is out today.
Is it right that they can't say whether there was interference in the Brexit view because....

... They didn't look into it? :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yes, the government never looked into any allegations against the Russians.

I’m sure all the money they launder through London and funnel into the the tory party had nothing to do with it.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Bit rich of Nandy to be stood there criticising the Gov's failure to react to any interference - where did Comrade Corbyn get his leaked report from again that he used to suggest the NHS was on the table in any US trade deal?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Well it turned out he was right, didn’t it :lol:
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Beany wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:46 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 am

Is it right that they can't say whether there was interference in the Brexit view because....

... They didn't look into it? :lol:
I did have to read those bits a couple of times to be sure, but yip, that’s it. Nothing to see here....
Cheers,

Mike.