Bye Bye Boris!

DeskJockey

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by DeskJockey »

evostick wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am Was so lovely to hear Donald talking about Boris to Nigel last night :lol:

On LBC Broccers so it actually happened.
Possibly the biggest endorsement of any other politician but those two you can get.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

evostick wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am Was so lovely to hear Donald talking about Boris to Nigel last night :lol:

On LBC Broccers so it actually happened.
Must be true :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So Boris is banning fracking, refusing to work with the Brexit Party, and ruling out a No Deal. He’s definitely making a play for the centre ground. Could he be about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am So Boris is banning fracking, refusing to work with the Brexit Party, and ruling out a No Deal. He’s definitely making a play for the centre ground. Could he be about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
He's certainly misjudged the mood so far. Does the centre ground even exist anymore?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

There’s plenty of people occupying the middle ground, but not much representation from the political parties.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am So Boris is banning fracking, refusing to work with the Brexit Party, and ruling out a No Deal. He’s definitely making a play for the centre ground. Could he be about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
1) You can't work with the Brexit party. They're still talking about that GATT 24 nonsense, plus talking about a trade deal with the EU before we leave (which, because of sequencing, is impossible). Plus they want him to ditch his own deal.

2) The ban on fracking seems only temporary.

3) Ruling out No-Deal is a good thing, right?

Not sure why these 3 points would lead him to defeat. I think, like you maintain in your later post, that there's plenty of us in the centre ground who feel under-represented.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:54 am
1) You can't work with the Brexit party. They're still talking about that GATT 24 nonsense, plus talking about a trade deal with the EU before we leave (which, because of sequencing, is impossible). Plus they want him to ditch his own deal.

2) The ban on fracking seems only temporary.

3) Ruling out No-Deal is a good thing, right?

Not sure why these 3 points would lead him to defeat. I think, like you maintain in your later post, that there's plenty of us in the centre ground who feel under-represented.
1) Brexit Party votes will undermines the Conservative vote

2) He’s hedging his bets there but it’s definitely a sop to the campaigning middle classes. I doubt it’s enough to tempt the liberals (small L)

3) It is, but it will push more Tory voters to vote BP than may have other been the case.

To be clear, I want the Tories to not get a majority so these are all “good” from my perspective as I think they’ll all lose him votes.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think I saw a poll saying the majority (of Tory Voters) supported his deal over no-deal. I think BP are polling at around 7% at the mo.

Let's face it. Farage has to put up in this election. If he doesn't then he's literally a 'nothing' and the BP are a busted flush. This is all he has.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’s all interesting. It’s like watching a nuclear bomb go off; you sort of want to see what happens, but you don’t want to be affected by it :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am I think I saw a poll saying the majority (of Tory Voters) supported his deal over no-deal. I think BP are polling at around 7% at the mo.
Also, I get this but if it pushes more people away from the Tories and could eliminate slim majorities or prevent taking seats that they need to take from Labour. I’m not saying the BP will win seats, but they almost certainly will affect the Tories ability to do so. With the BP taking No Deal votes away, the LDs taking Tory Remain votes away, they could end up much worse off than the polls predict.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Oh dear: https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/confusio ... ter-825135

Brexit Protest:

Anti-Brexit protest:

Middle-aged Dirtbag
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Handy guide to which (main) party says what:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50291676
evostick

Post by evostick »

Hilarious interview by Andrew Neil of Jeremy Corbyn last night.

Hopefully Boris Johnson will have the courage to appear on the same format. I doubt he'll fare much better.

The question isn't who you will vote for. It's why you would vote at all.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

evostick wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:32 am The question isn't who you will vote for. It's why you would vote at all.
Of course you'd vote - Brexit is all about democracy isn't it? :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

As I said on Twitter yesterday, I think for a lot of people it’s not a question of who you’re voting for, more who you’re voting against.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:34 am As I said on Twitter yesterday, I think for a lot of people it’s not a question of who you’re voting for, more who you’re voting against.
Remember you're voting for your constituency MP, not for Boris or Jeremy. Unless you happen to live in Uxbridge and South Ruislip or Islington North. And in Uxbridge you have a wonderfully large choice on the ballot paper: https://democraticdashboard.com/constit ... th-ruislip - I fancy the chances of Lord Buckethead, myself.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:37 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:34 am As I said on Twitter yesterday, I think for a lot of people it’s not a question of who you’re voting for, more who you’re voting against.
Remember you're voting for your constituency MP, not for Boris or Jeremy. Unless you happen to live in Uxbridge and South Ruislip or Islington North. And in Uxbridge you have a wonderfully large choice on the ballot paper: https://democraticdashboard.com/constit ... th-ruislip - I fancy the chances of Lord Buckethead, myself.
I’m not voting against Boris. I’m voting against the Conservatives. My constituency changed from Tory to Labour at the last election. I’m going to hold my nose and vote Labour this time to try and ensure the Cons don’t win the seat back.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

evostick wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:32 am Hilarious interview by Andrew Neil of Jeremy Corbyn last night.

Hopefully Boris Johnson will have the courage to appear on the same format. I doubt he'll fare much better.
I didn't catch last night's but did catch the Sturgeon one. Very amusing seeing her and her SNP nonsense being held up to proper scrutiny and torn to bits.

I'd like to see Johnson take up the gauntlet as well, but I suspect his approach would be to bluff and joke his way through. Not that I'd expect Neill to give him the room to do so too much.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Lord Binhead. He had to change it because of some dispute around a copyright.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:49 am
Lord Binhead. He had to change it because of some dispute around a copyright.
Baron Binface, isn't it?
Middle-aged Dirtbag