Bye Bye Boris!

dinny_g

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by dinny_g »

@DJ - (and sorry if I've missed this) - but as an individual, how do you actually cast your vote ? Do you chose just one option or can you cast your preferences across all candidates / parties

Irish system, you have the choice to select just 1 candidate if you want or to apply your preferences across multiple candidates and by definition, multiple parties by casting your 1, 2, 3 choice etc.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

On the ballot paper there's a tick box for each party and under that, their candidates with s tick box next to them. So you either vote for a candidate and the vote rolls up to the party for the purposes of calculating the national percentage, or you vote for the party, but don't give your vote to a specific candidate.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nefarious wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:56 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 pm I guess you think the Snp is ok Neil
I'm sure you're not asking out of genuine interest, but you can have my opinion anyway.

The SNP are like the parish council that accidentally found themselves in charge of the country. In most cases well-meaning, but way out of their depth.
On the plus side, it means that, in the most part, they lack the competence to be properly corrupt/malicious (their dishonestly tends to be smalltime and naive, rather than systematic, calculated and industrial-scale). Jingoism is never a good thing, but as a uniting force to get things done, it's a short-term evil that's on balance tolerable.

But then, that's the nature of democracy - pick the least worst option at the time of asking.
Sorry for the late reply. Things like BiFab for instance? Great for the people's jobs and taxpayers too. And they think they can run an economy. Got to question it.
mik

Post by mik »

I only realised very recently that we will no longer recognise the CE mark.

There will of course be a transition period, but ultimately “everything” sold in the UK will need to display a CA mark instead.

That’s great.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 38717.html

I'm still yet to see the queues of lorries we were promised. :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 am https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 38717.html

That's because the border controls were pushed back until January 1st 2022 while they try and come up with a solution.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:24 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 am https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 38717.html

That's because the border controls were pushed back until January 1st 2022 while they try and come up with a solution.
Funny how things are being solved as we move forward. Any remainer must have a different take on the EU over their covid response. Also Italy - look at that mess. 222 billion in eu funds to help them out of their hole - who would be paying for that?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He might’ve said he’d rather have the dead piling up than have another lockdown and be in charge of a corrupt party but at least there aren’t any traffic jams. Good job Boris :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

He just put Starmer on his arse at PMQs.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

TBF a slight breeze can do that.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:46 am

Funny how things are being solved as we move forward.
How is 'we can't make this work for a year' solving the problem? :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That's only on imports.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:34 pm

That's only on imports.
Well if the 24 days it took me to get a spring for the car from Germany are anything to go by, that ain't solved fuck all....
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:46 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:34 pm

That's only on imports.
Well if the 24 days it took me to get a spring for the car from Germany are anything to go by, that ain't solved fuck all....
We've had no issues with anything from abroad. In fact, our kitchen and utility room orders from Italy and Germany arrived 4 weeks early :lol:

Who TF did you order from? Should've gone to Cotwswold BM or CP4L ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Should have gone with GSF who have a local depot :lol:

AutoDoc - not using them again, that's for sure. In all seriousness, I think it's their courier (GLS) who are the problem rather than them.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 pm He just put Starmer on his arse at PMQs.
If you mean blustered, refused to answer the question and then lost his rag, then yes he did.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Delphi wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 pm He just put Starmer on his arse at PMQs.
If you mean blustered, refused to answer the question and then lost his rag, then yes he did.
Yes, complete opposite from all the accounts I've read!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 am
Delphi wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 am
Yes, complete opposite from all the accounts I've read!
Broccers, wilfully misinterpreting things to make his mop topped crush look better than he actually is?

Say it ain't so!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

They're all a fvcking shambles at the moment aren't they? We had this yesterday from Starmer:

Andy Burnham 'is what Labour looks like in power' says Keir Starmer - including on policing

Oh, so what you're saying is if you were in Gov't you'd look to bury a damning report into the failings of one of the Country's biggest Police forces just before an election? A report that has identified long-standing and serious weaknesses in key areas such as leadership, governance, financial management, crime recording, IT, and officer deployment and culture. A force that managed to "lose" some 86,000 reported crimes. And your justification for burying it when faced with calls to release it is that those calling for its release are just playing politics?

Yeah because heaven forbid people might want to understand what role their Mayor, as PCC, has played in these failings...

It feels rather at the moment like we have no credible parties to vote for.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If Starmer had worked with Boris at the start of the pandemic, played nice for the good of the country and stopped any point scoring silliness I’d be surprised if Labour weren’t ahead in the polls.

Dave!