Bye Bye Boris!

Beany

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Boris said that even if there was a vote of no confidence he'd not step down.

He really is a shit, pound shop Trump.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:28 pm Boris said that even if there was a vote of no confidence he'd not step down.

to be fair, he can't exactly announce that he would step down if there was a VONC, that's pretty much an invitation to do it..
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:28 pm Boris said that even if there was a vote of no confidence he'd not step down.

He'll only bounce on his terms, when he can claim victory over Covid and Brexit, by whatever crazy metric he feels qualifies 😆
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:39 pm

to be fair, he can't exactly announce that he would step down if there was a VONC, that's pretty much an invitation to do it..
I think there should be a vote, and the votes should be taken with a fucking crossbow.

Perhaps I never was cut out for politics...
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

"We didn't make Boris Jonson Prime Minister for his meticulous grasp of tedious rules";

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60071311
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I cannae remember if there's an all encompassing Brexit thread so I'll plonk this here;

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This reminds me the M20 is going back to being a shithole as of next week I think. They're moving those temporary Brexit contraflow barriers to the middle of the motorway (I'm guessing to free up the hard shoulder) and this will take an entire year. :cry:
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:55 pm This reminds me the M20 is going back to being a shithole as of next week I think. They're moving those temporary Brexit contraflow barriers to the middle of the motorway (I'm guessing to free up the hard shoulder) and this will take an entire year. :cry:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/ne ... ar-261139/
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Re importation of goods. We're holding off on a mailing as a container is stuck in customs - from the usa - usual consignment but stuck as there's so many staff off with covid. Thats more than likely holding all imports up so not just an eu issue.

I honestly think he's weathered this storm and now all people really want is to make sure they don't run out of money and the economy picks up. The rest is immaterial unless you've an agenda, which to be fair, most of the media do - nothing is more news worthy than crisis, fear and they absolutely love it.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm Re importation of goods. We're holding off on a mailing as a container is stuck in customs - from the usa - usual consignment but stuck as there's so many staff off with covid. Thats more than likely holding all imports up so not just an eu issue.

I honestly think he's weathered this storm and now all people really want is to make sure they don't run out of money and the economy picks up. The rest is immaterial unless you've an agenda, which to be fair, most of the media do - nothing is more news worthy than crisis, fear and they absolutely love it.
Food prices are only going to rise this year, so those on lower incomes are definitely going to struggle with that one.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm I honestly think he's weathered this storm and now all people really want is to make sure they don't run out of money and the economy picks up. The rest is immaterial unless you've an agenda, which to be fair, most of the media do - nothing is more news worthy than crisis, fear and they absolutely love it.
I bet this will age well.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

...nothing is more news worthy than A PM making new laws then being caught breaking them almost immediately.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gavster wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:04 am
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm Re importation of goods. We're holding off on a mailing as a container is stuck in customs - from the usa - usual consignment but stuck as there's so many staff off with covid. Thats more than likely holding all imports up so not just an eu issue.

Food prices are only going to rise this year, so those on lower incomes are definitely going to struggle with that one.
Come on Gav, everyone knows that people on low incomes are layabouts who should've worked harder.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:05 am
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm I honestly think he's weathered this storm and now all people really want is to make sure they don't run out of money and the economy picks up. The rest is immaterial unless you've an agenda, which to be fair, most of the media do - nothing is more news worthy than crisis, fear and they absolutely love it.
I'm absolutely CERTAIN noone will remind me if I'm right :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Time to buy a 'Tin can cook' book.

I did hear her speaking the other day saying years ago budget supermarket food is now around 30 percent more expensive even tho most items have come down in price its the lower end thats increased.

The pain never came with the country locked down mainly on decent money with nothing to spend it on. Its got to start to hurt eventually.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:13 am
I'm absolutely CERTAIN noone will remind me if I'm right :lol:
at least you've actually stated your opinion!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I think it might.

Given all of the shit-storms him and the government have weathered over the last 2 years, this one is nothing to them. Having a party? Slap on the wrist, £100 fines all round and move on.

Its a highly emotional issue for anyone who lost loved ones during lockdown, but its not like they've been caught awarding multi-million pound contracts to their mates or anything?

This is all very much like Trump's time where lies just don't matter and the more often they get away with it, it just becomes the norm.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:18 am

Time to buy a 'Tin can cook' book.

I did hear her speaking the other day saying years ago budget supermarket food is now around 30 percent more expensive even tho most items have come down in price its the lower end thats increased.

The pain never came with the country locked down mainly on decent money with nothing to spend it on. Its got to start to hurt eventually.
Time to start chopping down trees to heat your home in the face of astronmical energy price rises too, eh? :lol:

Everyone will feel the pinch financially in the basics of living, or you'll notice more 'shrinkflation' like the chocolate bars that used to be 100g are now 90g, or Walkers changing the multipacks from 24 to 22.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

A lot of people need to be educated about home heating as I’d say most couldn’t run a home efficiently if their life depended on it.

The entire planet warming issue I put solely down to women and their inability to understand how heat works.

If Boris had married Gary instead of Carrie we would have not been in this mess.

Dave!