Bye Bye Boris!

dinny_g

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by dinny_g »

Well, it appears like a run race now...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49970267

I've said it before, the standard of politics is truly appalling here someone like Donald Tusk takes to twitter to say " You don’t want a deal, you don’t want an extension, you don’t want to revoke, quo vadis? "

Except the deal that's just been rejected ??? - I think you'll find that's deal Boris wants at the moment...

And seriously, does Angela Merkel really think the North of Ireland can remain permanently inside the customs union but outside the EU ???

and Remainers say Brexiteers are living in cloud cuckoo land ??? :shock:

Gahhhhh!!!!!!!!
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Spot on Dinny
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm Donald Tusk takes to twitter to say " You don’t want a deal, you don’t want an extension, you don’t want to revoke, quo vadis? "
There was a time that would have cost him his job... Not nowadays mind...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Boris offers a 'deal' which is impossible for the EU to accept, blames EU for not accepting it. It's as if it were scripted by Cummings.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Merkel offers a deal which is impossible for the UK to accept, blames Boris for not accepting it.

It's as if it were scripted by Dr Seuss...
Last edited by dinny_g on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Post by Beany »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:50 pm Merkel offers a deal which is impossible for the UK to accept, blames Boris for not accepting it.

It's as if it were scripted by Dr Zeus...
You realise it's not the EU that has to propose a deal, right?

Right?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

yep...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Come on, Dinny, how do you resolve the Ireland issue without breaking the GFA, that will satisfy the EU, the DUP, Sinn Fein and the Brexiteers? Because I’m sure Boris could use the insight.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:55 pm Come on, Dinny, how do you resolve the Ireland issue without breaking the GFA, that will satisfy the EU, the DUP, Sinn Fein and the Brexiteers? Because I’m sure Boris could use the insight.
I'm sure your good friends in the EU could come up with some solutions too.... which are workable. They haven't :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Broccers wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:58 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:55 pm Come on, Dinny, how do you resolve the Ireland issue without breaking the GFA, that will satisfy the EU, the DUP, Sinn Fein and the Brexiteers? Because I’m sure Boris could use the insight.
I'm sure your good friends in the EU could come up with some solutions too.... which are workable. They haven't :lol:
They don't need to. UK is changing the status quo, therefore solving the issues arising from that falls to the UK.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:00 pm
They don't need to. UK is changing the status quo, therefore solving the issues arising from that falls to the UK.
That ^
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:00 pm
No iTs alL ThE EurOpeaNs FAuLt
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

"They dont want to" more like it
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Brexiteer in a car dealership: “I want full access to this car but I’m not paying for it or any of the servicing”

Car salesman: “...”

Brexiteer: “It’s like you don’t even want a deal!”
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm "They dont want to" more like it
It’s our border therefore it’s up to us to resolve. Unless you’re happy for the EU to impose their rules on our border?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Broccers wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm "They dont want to" more like it
Why should they want to? They're not stupid, they know that it is difficult and stand to gain nothing from fixing an issue they didn't create in the first place.
---
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I can't offer any insight Rev, you know that... :lol:

There is not an Deal on the face of this planet, previous, now or in future that the EU would ever accept...

Because France, Italy, Spain and others would go..."hmmm we could work with that - yep, we'll have the same please" because shhhhhhh Not everyone thinks the EU is a good idea...

From the point the vote result was announced, we were always going to be made to exit without a deal or withdraw altogether.

And yes, my tinfoil hat is on too tight today... :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:15 pm I can't offer any insight Rev, you know that... :lol:

There is not an Deal on the face of this planet, previous, now or in future that the EU would ever accept...

Because France, Italy, Spain and others would go..."hmmm we could work with that - yep, we'll have the same please" because shhhhhhh Not everyone thinks the EU is a good idea...

From the point the vote result was announced, we were always going to be made to exit without a deal or withdraw altogether.

And yes, my tinfoil hat is on too tight today... :lol:
Do you have any proof that they're thinking along those lines?
---
Beany

Post by Beany »

You've gone full Daily Mail, Dinny.

You never go full Daily Mail.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

They did: May's deal. It kicked the can down the road, which is reasonable because there's always been an assumption we will have a trading arrangement with the EU after Brexit. The backstop was simply a way to kick the can with an indefinite arrangement to respect the GFA. I don't understand why it was so unacceptable when it's the only feasible arrangement that any party has come up with; even Boris vacillated over whether to support or oppose it, so it can't be that bad.