Bye Bye Boris!

Beany

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:29 am Just saw the video of Boris’s press guy telling a reporter to fuck off live on GMB. Great entertainment.
You can just imagine Malcolm Tucker hiding in the background, eyes scrunched up tight, with his one fist in his mouth, and the other hand feverishly stabbing the air with a letter opener.

The utter incompetence on display is....it's just outstanding.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:44 am 'For fucks sake' not the same as 'fuck off' - just saying.
Ah, I had the sound low as I was watching it in the office, saying fuck on morning TV is still considered a faux pas though. It's just lucky these people aren't working on anything important :lol:.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So any of those planning to vote Conservative tomorrow fancy having a go at justifying this bullshit? Or do you just plan on ignoring the deceit and manipulation?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1204 ... 91936.html
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The amount of twitter bots tasked with discrediting that picture was crazy.

I thought that was going to be about the people looking into lies in election advertising. I didn't know that election advertising isn't regulated the same way as other advertising.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'm voting Green
Holley

Post by Holley »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:11 pm So any of those planning to vote Conservative tomorrow fancy having a go at justifying this bullshit? Or do you just plan on ignoring the deceit and manipulation?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1204 ... 91936.html
I've mainly preferred and voted conservative in the past and have hated Corbyn's stance on taxation. But I cannot ignore what an absolute tool Boris is and shan't be voting for them. There's an interesting article I'll dig out for you written by a psychologist on the conservative party (and the similarities between other unethical, narcissistic world leaders)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm I'm voting Green
Finally starting to come round to my way of thinking? :lol:
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Holley wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:26 pm I've mainly preferred and voted conservative in the past and have hated Corbyn's stance on taxation. But I cannot ignore what an absolute tool Boris is and shan't be voting for them.
But I thought we were voting for policies, not personalities ? That's what the lefties have been saying to try and convince people who hate Corbyn to vote Labour.

I'm voting Lib Dem. They seem to be the only ones being honest about stuff.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

I'm torn between green and lib dem. I live in Geffory Cox's constituency, so I'm be fairly sure that he's going to win regardless, unfortunately.
In which case, I think it's more showing that the climate change/environment/green policies are the issues that matter to voters. As well as a fundamental change to 'business as usual', on the politics front.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m still undecided on my vote, there’s no green candidate in my constituency so it’s between labour and SNP.

I prefer the SNP MP to the labour candidate but I don’t really agree with the SNP on most things and I don’t like how most of the time at Westminster they’re essentially blocking seats.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m hoping, that if the Tories squeak a majority, Corbyn quits and we end up with a strong opposition. Feels like that’s the best we can hope for right now.

I’m voting Labour in order to try and stop my constituency going back to the Tories. It was in the original YouGov MRP list as one the Tories looked likely to win, but only just. It dropped out in last night’s updates. I have my problems with Labour and would prefer to vote Lib Dem, but they have no chance here.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:43 pm I’m hoping, that if the Tories squeak a majority, Corbyn quits and we end up with a strong opposition. Feels like that’s the best we can hope for right now.
JC won’t quit no matter what - he didn’t quit when a massive majority of his own party voted no confidence in him (was it about 170v40?) back in 2016.

He loves being the downtrodden, it gives him more ammunition to say whatever he wants without the consequence of having to go through with any of it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The tories pet BBC reporter has hinted that they’ve already seen some postal voting results.

This could cause some shit.
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:43 pm I’m voting Labour...

...would prefer to vote Lib Dem, but they have no chance here.
Do they have no chance because a lot of people would prefer to vote Lib Dem but are voting Labour because the Lib Dems have no chance ?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:43 pm I’m voting Labour...

...would prefer to vote Lib Dem, but they have no chance here.
Do they have no chance because a lot of people would prefer to vote Lib Dem but are voting Labour because the Lib Dems have no chance ?
Are you new to FPTP? Labour and Conservatives regularly swap here, with it usually being ~1000 votes majority either way. I don’t think the LibDems even got 1000 votes last time.

Edit: In 2017 it was a Lab gain from Con

Lab: 26,066
Con: 22,138
LibDem: 1623

In 2015 it was a Con hold:

Con: 20,227
Lab: 19,421
LibDem: 1395

If I want to keep the Tories out, it has to be Labour.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Wouldn't it be great if the likes of BoJo and Raab lost their seats? Even if the Tories won.

In the company I keep, I'm struggling to find anyone who likes BoJo. However, I was shocked watching some street interviews on C4 news last night. People were saying something like "Yeah, like Boris, he's one of us isn't he? One of the people." I find it very hard to believe that the people being interviewed were Eatonian, Bullingdon Club types. :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:54 pm The tories pet BBC reporter has hinted that they’ve already seen some postal voting results.

Any more shit than those Labour members/candidates a couple of weeks ago that were tweeting pics of completed postal votes?

They're all fvcking tossers. Every last one of them. What's especially boiling my piss at the moment though is the vocal fvckers on social media (clebs and plebs) that believe by shouting the loudest, their view is somehow undeniable, incontrovertible fact.

I'm genuinely struggling as to what I'm going to do. I did one of those Vote for Policies things the other day and the Tories just edged it, closely followed by Labour and Lib Dems at only 1 policy ea down on Cons, and I even had a couple of Green policies.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:42 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:54 pm The tories pet BBC reporter has hinted that they’ve already seen some postal voting results.

Any more shit than those Labour members/candidates a couple of weeks ago that were tweeting pics of completed postal votes?
I hadn't heard about that but it looks like it's being investigated by the police and electoral commision.

What she hinted at would seem to be on a bigger scale than the labour one.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Have you got a link Zed?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 pm Are you new to FPTP?
Are you new to rhetorical questions ? :lol: