Bye Bye Boris!

NotoriousREV

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

Interesting analysis by Sir John Curtice, and on LBC too, so Broccers can’t argue with it.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... rediction/
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:22 pm Placeholder for November 1st! :D
This post now 100% more hilarious.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We all know that one of the definitions of stupidity is to keep repeating something and expecting a different outcome. So what exactly is this general election going to achieve?

And more importantly, WTF can I vote for which will help bring this shit show to an end?
Cheers,

Mike.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Ascender wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm We all know that one of the definitions of stupidity is to keep repeating something and expecting a different outcome. So what exactly is this general election going to achieve?

And more importantly, WTF can I vote for which will help bring this shit show to an end?
Swinson? Or just vote tactically against the Tories.
GG.

Post by GG. »

speedingfine wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:23 pm
Ascender wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm We all know that one of the definitions of stupidity is to keep repeating something and expecting a different outcome. So what exactly is this general election going to achieve?

Which of course is the opposite of what will happen. The Lib Dems will never have enough of a presence in parliament to force straight revocation. As a result you either weaken the tories and end up with the same stalemate or a Labour government that will renegotiate the deal and then have a second referendum :lol:

If you are interested in closure above all else then a majority con govt which would pass the current deal is the quickest route.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

...he said bring this shit show to an end, I presume he doesn't want to open a new and altogether worse chapter on the shit show. ;)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I love how the tactic is already "vote for us, the other parties can't win so you'll be wasting your vote or continuing the indecision by voting for anyone else". Which is of course nonsense.

Not saying it won't work as a tactic though! :lol: I just hope people vote for what they believe in rather than just voting to shoot themselves in the head just to get it over and done with. As much ad I'm fed up with it, it's too important to give up on.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

GG. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 pm
speedingfine wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Which of course is the opposite of what will happen. The Lib Dems will never have enough of a presence in parliament to force straight revocation. As a result you either weaken the tories and end up with the same stalemate or a Labour government that will renegotiate the deal and then have a second referendum :lol:

If you are interested in closure above all else then a majority con govt which would pass the current deal is the quickest route.
#britaindeservesbetter 😂
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:50 pm ...he said bring this shit show to an end, I presume he doesn't want to open a new and altogether worse chapter on the shit show. ;)
There is no way to bring this shitshow to an end. Pandora's Box was opened on 23 June 2016
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm
duncs500 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:50 pm ...he said bring this shit show to an end, I presume he doesn't want to open a new and altogether worse chapter on the shit show. ;)
There is no way to bring this shitshow to an end. Pandora's Box was opened on 23 June 2016
Scary that you may be right! I am struggling to see how to amicably settle this as the deal promised is impossible and even if by some miracle a half decent deal was cobbled together a huge number would still rather remain and no doubt a large number would prefer something harder.

Suppose a second referendum was held with agreed upon 3 options, deal, no deal, current deal and current deal won by 70%+ I can't see Farage and his ilk letting it lie.
GG.

Post by GG. »

No but they don't need to. The Lord Adonis's and Farage's of this world will never accept anything less than absolutes - the key is just bringing along the majority. Given the recent polling suggested 2/3's of the population wanted the current deal passed - that would romp home if you gave the options as 're-negotiate + referendum, no-deal or current deal'.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

WTF? whose poll was that from? The Heil or the Torygraph? I am sure 2/3 want it all to be over but I sincerely hope there are not that many people happy to shaft the country with a shitty deal just to stop it all.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm No but they don't need to. The Lord Adonis's and Farage's of this world will never accept anything less than absolutes - the key is just bringing along the majority. Given the recent polling suggested 2/3's of the population wanted the current deal passed - that would romp home if you gave the options as 're-negotiate + referendum, no-deal or current deal'.
Recent polling in the Telegraph. All other polls still have Remain as around 52%.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

People must be more stupid than I though, or richer than I thought. Apparently each person will be £2000 worse of on average after Brexit. I can easily see that throwing us into another recession.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The loss of GDP growth is estimated at around 2.5% just since the referendum until now. That’s growth we’ll never catch up. And it compounds, every year that growth is behind where it would have been. That’s why Rees-Mogg said it would take around 50 years to see a benefit. The likelihood is that actually, we probably never will.

But blue passports, eh?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just catching up on the news headlines right now, good to see that our politicians never learn and have resorted to the usual shit show of deceit and scaremongering to gather votes.

They’re fucking self absorbed parasitic shit heads.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 pm
GG. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm No but they don't need to. The Lord Adonis's and Farage's of this world will never accept anything less than absolutes - the key is just bringing along the majority. Given the recent polling suggested 2/3's of the population wanted the current deal passed - that would romp home if you gave the options as 're-negotiate + referendum, no-deal or current deal'.
Recent polling in the Telegraph. All other polls still have Remain as around 52%.
Johnson’s propaganda rag then.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Proportional representation. Only way I can see true, lasting change to politics in this country as, for better or worse, it means each vote counts.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

According to Boris’ Facebook page “the Conservatives are the party of the NHS”. :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm Proportional representation. Only way I can see true, lasting change to politics in this country as, for better or worse, it means each vote counts.
To be fair, I think that the more diverse the parliament, the less will get done. FPTP may not be perfect, but at least it can fairly easily lead to majorities which itself can actually pass policy.
The artist formerly known as _Who_