Bye Bye Boris!

Orange Cola

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Orange Cola »

If we have a delay but it means we still leave (with a deal) then what have the Brexiteers got to moan about?

I think once the voting is done BJ will call a GE on the basis he could win a majority off the back of getting a Brexit deal and the other parties being split. Whether he can do that and win a majority or not is another thing, I don’t think it’s something easily predictable given the state of politics.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I wish Guy Fawkes was still around. He was waaaay ahead of his time!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:33 pm I wish Guy Fawkes was still around. He was waaaay ahead of his time!
Dude, I made this joke about 300 pages ago!.. :roll: ;)
Cheers,

Ian
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I'm not trawling back through this shite to check for a joke. Tell you what, let's go 50/50 on it yeah? That's a good deal.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I bet Guy Fawkes could sort this lot out.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:52 pm If we have a delay but it means we still leave (with a deal) then what have the Brexiteers got to moan about?

I think once the voting is done BJ will call a GE on the basis he could win a majority off the back of getting a Brexit deal and the other parties being split. Whether he can do that and win a majority or not is another thing, I don’t think it’s something easily predictable given the state of politics.
Boris’s plan has to be killing off the Brexit Party defections so the Tory vote isn’t split. So he doesn’t want an election before the actual exit, notwithstanding the line the Government keeps trotting out about Labour being scared of an election.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:51 pm I'm not trawling back through this shite to check for a joke. Tell you what, let's go 50/50 on it yeah? That's a good deal.
Deal
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

Here is a good take on today, but written before the 2 letters were sent this evening.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

IanF wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:38 pm
Gwaredd wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:33 pm I wish Guy Fawkes was still around. He was waaaay ahead of his time!
Dude, I made this joke about 300 pages ago!.. :roll: ;)
I bet Guy Fawkes made this joke 600 pages ago...
Simon

Post by Simon »

A good thread here on what the hell happens now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I read that thread last night - it’s interesting because I thought Boris’s withdrawal agreement was basically a done deal. The Letwin amendment on Saturday wasn’t inconsistent with passing Boris’s agreement, it just allows enough time for it to be considered properly. I see Boris is still attempting to rush it through without much debate; but that’s likely to backfire again because nobody, not even his own party, trust him now.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Let’s be clear: Boris has requested the extension that he said he wouldn’t request. He’s done the thing he said he would rather die in a ditch than do. He’s lost yet another vote. The momentum is against him here. He might even lose the Queen’s Speech vote.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Lets be clear he sent an unsigned letter and another with it saying I don't want an extension but had to send a letter by law. Funny how people see things differently.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 am Lets be clear he sent an unsigned letter and another with it saying I don't want an extension but had to send a letter by law. Funny how people see things differently.
It *is* funny how people people see things differently, and it’s this that Dominic Cummings is exploiting here in order to continue to manipulate the Brexit fan base.

Johnson sent the letter. Not signing it made no difference to its legal standing. He sent it, it was an official legal request for an extension, which the EU has accepted and is considering. The second letter has no legal standing, and as such has been ignored by the EU.

The only reason for not signing the letter and sending the 2nd letter is for your benefit, and the other Brexiteers. It allows you to carry on believing that Boris is acting in line with his rhetoric when he’s done the exact opposite of what he promised. The rest of us know the truth.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 am Lets be clear he sent an unsigned letter and another with it saying I don't want an extension but had to send a letter by law. Funny how people see things differently.
I honestly can't believe you aren't just trolling now. You have seen that the EU accepted the extension request, surely?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

'rest of us' :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 am
I honestly can't believe you aren't just trolling now. You have seen that the EU accepted the extension request, surely?
He isn’t trolling. He’s just fallen for a well understood psychological manipulation that works extremely well.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

How do you feel about Farage preferring the extension, Broccers?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I havent seen any accepting the extension in the news - where is this and the time frame granted? I see they have had the letter :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 am I havent seen any accepting the extension in the news - where is this and the time frame granted? I see they have had the letter :lol:
They have accepted the extension *request* and are considering how to respond. That’s an important distinction. No one has claimed an extension has been granted.
Middle-aged Dirtbag