Bye Bye Boris!

dan

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by dan »

Surely if your reasons aren't racist you won't get called a racist.

I freely admit I was on the fence at the time of the vote, mostly because both campaigns were dog shit, but its pretty clear now that leaving is a bad thing.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’s the same objections to revealing their reasons every time: “they’ll get torn apart”. Well guess what, if you can’t defend your reasons from being torn apart, maybe they’re not very good reasons? Or maybe you haven’t understood the wider picture well enough to defend your position, in which case are you right to hold onto your opinion quite so tightly?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:31 am
V8Granite wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:29 am Well when people give their reasons and then just get called racists, why would people give their reasons ?

Lots of people have done so on here and the same responses are given each time.

Dave!
Exactly.

Small minded fucking sheep.

And jobbo quoting one tweet proves fuck all.
YOU get to say nothing. We had what I though was a reasonable conversation several pages back and I listened with an open mind.
What you had to say was both unquestioningly racist and belay the kind of willful ignorance that now denies you a voice.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Better to be thought of as a fucking retard then stating your reasons for voting Brexit and confirming it.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The irony of being called a small minded sheep by someone who is irretrievably inside the cult and unable to show any reason...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Dan mentions brown people anyone with a small bit of intelligence realises the free movement in the eu are not on the whole folk of colour.

My reason for voting out was the control of the Uk had been lost - this whole exercise proves that is exactly the case. But then you'd all disagree, just because :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:31 am And jobbo quoting one tweet proves fuck all.
That was the outcome of a by-election, so it shows the actual voting of actual people: https://www.luton.gov.uk/Council_govern ... -2019.aspx

The tweet may help because it adds the swing for a bit of context.
dan

Post by dan »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am Dan mentions brown people anyone with a small bit of intelligence realises the free movement in the eu are not on the whole folk of colour.

My reason for voting out was the control of the Uk had been lost - this whole exercise proves that is exactly the case. But then you'd all disagree, just because :lol:
I mentioned that the callers to LBC mostly stated brown people as their reason for voting out, as you say anyone with a tiny bit of intelligence realises that is bullshit.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:42 am It’s the same objections to revealing their reasons every time: “they’ll get torn apart”. Well guess what, if you can’t defend your reasons from being torn apart, maybe they’re not very good reasons? Or maybe you haven’t understood the wider picture well enough to defend your position, in which case are you right to hold onto your opinion quite so tightly?
It’s to do with the medium of a message board rather than the specifics...

I post, 5 replies. By the time i’ve responded to the first, there are 5 more etc.

Happy to sit down with anyone over a pint and debate it through but it’s futile here
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Richard

Post by Richard »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am
What controls had been lost?

Specifically
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 am Surely if your reasons aren't racist you won't get called a racist.

I freely admit I was on the fence at the time of the vote, mostly because both campaigns were dog shit, but its pretty clear now that leaving is a bad thing.
I’ll give it a go but it didn’t work before :lol:

Please note, this is solely based on where I live and what I’ve seen on my travels.

I grew up in Peterborough, there was a big change in the town in the 70s and 80s, lots of growth which is why my parents moved here from Old Coulsdon. There was a good mix of Eastern European’s and lots from India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. I went to school with a big hodge pudge of people and on the whole had a really nice childhood. Race or colour was never a thing and it was only after moving to where we live now that I could see what a nice mix it was.

Since the late 90s the entire town has changed. Immigration increased a lot and you noticed a lot less intergration, far more racial issues (you can drive through a part of town and see where it changes from Polish to Latvian with the relevant little gangs) and we saw more fighting in town and more areas I didn’t feel comfortable. Me and a friend were jumped in town for “walking so big” and now at night it’s a place I’d choose to steer clear from. Previously it was part of the pub golf route and I’d been there lots of times.

I think anyone willing to work and add to society in some way should be allowed to live here. The amount of people coming over became un-controlled from what I experienced and the whole town is more segregated as a result. The nickname of Peterborough is Peterbosnia as it happened so fast. Bring your food, culture, language whatever, but don’t build an area like home and try and keep others out. On one occasion at 5am on a Sunday I was out buying raspberries (a cake disaster, birthday, desperate times etc :roll: ) and I was followed by 4 guys in a blacked out Audi A6 as I found a greengrocers opening up. They watched me with their windows down as I walked in, bought my raspberries and left. Maybe they’d seen too many episodes of the Sopranos.

Cromwell road has a large Indian community, they made a point of running businesses and helping the community out, they benefitted the town and I’ve never heard a problem. It was only teenagers being knobs which everyone has an issue with at times.

So, my racially harmonious town has now become segregated and un-friendly. I could never see a way of controlling the amounts of people settling here by staying within Europe and the only way I could see it happening, no matter how small was if we left Europe. So I voted leave and stand by that decision.

As background, I grew up in a council house, both parents are factory workers, bought their house on a right to buy scheme, my sister is a remain voting university degree worker for the government and I live in an ex council house in a small town just outside of Peterborough. My parents also voted remain.

My dog doesn’t like Sikhs though or people wearing motorbike helmets but he wasn’t allowed to.

Dave!

Edited for speeeeeeling mistakes.
Last edited by V8Granite on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
dan

Post by dan »

Richard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:53 am

Specifically
Anyone with a little bit of intelligence knows we haven't lost control of anything.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am But then you'd all disagree, just because :lol:
We’re the small minded ones, but you dismiss our counter arguments without even the intention of listening or understanding.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:58 am

Specifically
Anyone with a little bit of intelligence knows we haven't lost control of anything.
Exactly. We could leave with No Deal tomorrow, they can’t stop us. Parliamentary sovereignty has been proven beyond any doubt whatsoever.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am But then you'd all disagree, just because :lol:
We’re the small minded ones, but you dismiss our counter arguments without even the intention of listening or understanding.
Are you fucking joking - check back the numerous pages of abuse hurled by one side of this argument at every turn Dan. I may have risen to it once or twice but mainly tried to understand that other people's views are fine.

Great post Dave :D
evostick

Post by evostick »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:58 am

Specifically
Anyone with a little bit of intelligence knows that we never had any control of anything anyway.
EFA

It's nice to see the whole sham made more transparent though.

Civil war is the only way forward. Then we can invade France again.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

We had a civil war around 370 years ago - why do you want to have another?
evostick

Post by evostick »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 am We had a civil war around 370 years ago - why do you want to have another?
Thin out the deadwood. Dave and Beany for a start.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 am We had a civil war around 370 years ago - why do you want to have another?
He has a green Land Rover, it’ll be nice for border control jobs between the north and south.

Dave!