Bye Bye Boris!

dinny_g

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by dinny_g »

It's not surprising. It was bang out of order and totally unnecessary. Just adds fuel to the Brexit fire ("See, none of them like us").
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Richard

Post by Richard »

“There’s no press here”

Cunt
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The Labour activist father...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:47 pm The Labour activist father...
He isn’t wrong though, is he?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

What's he saying ?? Not sound allowed at work...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Richard

Post by Richard »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:04 pm What's he saying ?? Not sound allowed at work...
An upset father confronts Boris, moaning that the NHS doesn’t get the funding or support it needs. Upset father then suggests that it’s a bit much for Boris to be there, at the hospital, for a press opportunity

Boris then says

Stood there, stood in front of the press

Cameras clicking

Microphones pointing at him

“Well actually, there’s no press here”
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:57 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:47 pm The Labour activist father...
He isn’t wrong though, is he?
I've not heard it actually :lol:

ETA: Yeah - all very odd
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Not the best PR by ole Boris there...

… but ...

I've been in the UK since 1997 so I have seen the tail end of Major's Tory Government, all of new Labour (Blair and Brown), The Lib Dem / tory Coalition and now, the various flavours of Tory and there has been two absolute constants:

1. the NHS is fucked
2. People complaining about lack of budget, crazy hours for Junior Doctors, waiting times, can't get an appointment at my GP, not enough NHS dentists, bloody cost of car parking at hospitals.

This is not new - it's not Boris's fault the NHS is fucked (when compared other "Modern", "Western" countries health services, it's bloody amazing...full stop. Not "Bloody amazing considering all the problems - I mean BLOODY AMAZING FULL STOP!!!" ). just like "Brexit" isn't his fault - it's Cameron's, May's, Corbyn's AND His...
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

It's mostly austerity that has buggered the NHS but that is austerity layered on top of woeful financial and workforce planning dating back to the 1990s. I agree that Bozza can't soak up all of the blame for that.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Irrespective of who’s fault etc

The man, in front of the invited press, say “actually, there’s no press here”
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I know you are a doctor so I appreciate I'm on very shaky ground but when I compare the NHS here to the equivalent back home in Ireland, it's staggering.

The experiences of my parents and my brothers and sisters are shocking sometimes - and all have Private Medical.

I know it's not right to not try to improve it because "Well, it could be worse" but the NHS is an awesome institution, doing awesome work each and every day. I always get wound up when it's criticised and will always defend it
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Richard wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:44 pm Irrespective of who’s fault etc

The man, in front of the invited press, say “actually, there’s no press here”
Proof, were it required, that he's a moronic lying cunt.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The Daily Mail version of this story highlights the problem with our current society. It barely mentions the "there's no press here" bit, and the top rated comments on the story are all variations on the theme of "if there weren't any immigrants, there wouldn't be a problem", blithely ignoring the fact that a lot of the doctors and nurses we do actually have are immigrants.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd be building concentration camps to drop all the thick gammon cunts into and they can fucking hate themselves to death without bothering the rest of us.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:42 pm The Daily Mail version of this story highlights the problem with our current society. It barely mentions the "there's no press here" bit, and the top rated comments on the story are all variations on the theme of "if there weren't any immigrants, there wouldn't be a problem", blithely ignoring the fact that a lot of the doctors and nurses we do actually have are immigrants.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd be building concentration camps to drop all the thick gammon cunts into and they can fucking hate themselves to death without bothering the rest of us.
A single bullet each to the head would be cheaper.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:47 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:42 pm The Daily Mail version of this story highlights the problem with our current society. It barely mentions the "there's no press here" bit, and the top rated comments on the story are all variations on the theme of "if there weren't any immigrants, there wouldn't be a problem", blithely ignoring the fact that a lot of the doctors and nurses we do actually have are immigrants.

Yeah, but it'll be more fun to have them tended by immigrants and millennials with man-buns and tattoos.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah but the immigrants will sit around all day doing nothing while the millennials have to do all the work, the Daily Mail reader said... :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Yeah, but it'll be more fun to have them tended by immigrants and millennials with man-buns and tattoos.
Woah now, lets not say things we can't take back here....

They go on a separate list.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Richard wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:46 pm “There’s no press here”

Cunt
Apart from the press they arranged for it.

So they arranged the press in advance, then claimed there was no press, as DSLRs clicked and clacked and the BBC filmed it.

But no, "There's no press here"

This is reality denial on an epic, flat earther scale.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Shows he’s not astute enough to be PM, despite his reported intellect...

Probably not astute enough to even be an MP...
evostick

Post by evostick »

Dear lord this thread is depressing.

All the referendum-losing bedwetters are being consumed by their own hatred and fear.

Cheer up fellas.

It might never happen.