Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Explosive Newt »

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany

Post by Beany »

You know those podium mics are highly directional, yeah?

I mean, if a couple of grumpy ex-pats can scare him off.....
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The Supreme Court case is interesting so far. A key part of the Scottish case, as far as I understand it, is that there was no signed witness statement from the Government stating the reasons for prorogation. And Johnson has also failed to provide such a statement to the Supreme Court, which tells a story, doesn’t it? Not willing to state his reasons under oath is very suspicious.

But it also looks like the judges are not just considering whether the reason itself was lawful, but also whether, given the impact of prorogation, whether the effect of prorogation was unlawful, even if the reason was lawful.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Maybe it’s “suicide by cop”? He loses the case deliberately, has to resign and get himself off the ridiculous hook he put himself on?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I still reckon he want's to be "Forced" to deliver May's last deal (the one that no-one voted for) because it's

a. Better than No Deal
b. He can claim any positives as his because "He Delivered Brexit"
c. He can distance himself from any issues because "I was happy to leave without a deal"

But what would I know - I'm an idiot...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Will he really resign if this case is lost? And therefore who the fuck do we get next 😂
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

speedingfine wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 pm Will he really resign if this case is lost? And therefore who the fuck do we get next 😂
Well, back before CERN turned on the LHC and destroyed our original timeline (what we call the Berenstein Timeline), he would absolutely have had to resign. On this timeline, who knows? But if he loses the court case, it means he effectively lied to the monarch.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:22 pm
speedingfine wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 pm Will he really resign if this case is lost? And therefore who the fuck do we get next 😂
Well, back before CERN turned on the LHC and destroyed our original timeline (what we call the Berenstein Timeline), he would absolutely have had to resign. On this timeline, who knows? But if he loses the court case, it means he effectively lied to the monarch.
Not sure what the first bit of your post is referring to but if it's something real then link please because that sounds interesting.

Back on topic, it's ironic isn't it? The Breixteers are over joyed Boris is in power and he's trying to get stuff done and not one of the gammons has an issue with Boris being accused of lying to the queen to get parliament suspended and ultimately Brexit through and delivered. They're happy for Boris to have potentially, to be confirmed, broken the law and lied to the queen, but should those pesky Europeans want to have power in the UK then they can go fuck themselves and we're off out of the EU because of it. All this taking back power talk and yet they haven't a problem when it comes to exhibiting far worse behaviour when it benefits them :roll:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

To be fair, it’s taking all the courts in the land weeks to work our whether he has broken any law or not, it’s hardly like he’s sat there and knowingly done anything illegal at this stage.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:16 pm
Not sure what the first bit of your post is referring to but if it's something real then link please because that sounds interesting.
Define real...

http://www.woodbetween.world/2012/08/th ... n.html?m=1

LHC was first switched on on the 10th September 2008. By the 27th September, the stock markets had crashed signifying that we’d leapt to a worse timeline.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 pm To be fair, it’s taking all the courts in the land weeks to work our whether he has broken any law or not, it’s hardly like he’s sat there and knowingly done anything illegal at this stage.
I actually watched it and the points made weren't factually reported by the BBC afterwards. Keen basically referred back to times in history this has happened before and pointed out it's 7 days not 5 weeks as presented in the morning.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

:lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Define real...

LHC was first switched on on the 10th September 2008. By the 27th September, the stock markets had crashed signifying that we’d leapt to a worse timeline.
That’s a brilliant read!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I choose to believe it’s true
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol: this reminds me of talking about the Mandela effect with my boss.

I admire the self assurance tbh.

There’s no possible way that they can be wrong about something, the whole universe must have changed.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:06 am There’s no possible way that they can be wrong about something, the whole universe must have changed.
You work for my other half ?? :shock: :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Haha it reminds me of when I was a young child visiting Disneyland for the first time. I kept thinking it was spelled Disnep due to the font they used but pronounced Disney. I was adamant about it and mentioned it to all my friends and also saw it and sided with me.
It still looks like a P more than a Y...
How about not having a sig at all?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Define real...

This makes me feel reassured about doing human research. I just have to worry about risks of harm to an individual person. Physics researchers have to worry about disrupting the fabric of space-time, vacuum metastability disasters, etc etc
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:07 pm
Suprised to hear various world leaders condemning the Luxembourg chap for essentially "no-platforming" bozza. Even Macron, who has not been our biggest admirer of late.