Bye Bye Boris!

Beany

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Hey kids, I know we're not all functionally retarded here, but if anyone had any doubt that Jacob Reese Mogg was anything better than a bottom dwelling, self serving, fuckstick cunt...

He's directly stated - and forcefully repeated his statement - that the Dr Nichol, the expert who worked on the health outcomes of a No Deal Brexit for Yellowhammer - is as bad as Wakefield.

You know, the guy who was paid being paid to show that vaccines cause autism, and who paid parents to take illegal samples of their kids, was struck off the medical register as a result, and has single handedly caused the greatest undermining of trust in vaccination that has ever occured, to the extent where the likes of measles are making a comeback in this country after years of being basically not an issue.
The Commons Leader said: "I'm afraid it seems to me that Dr David Nichol is as irresponsible as Dr Wakefield.

"What he had to say - I will repeat it - is as irresponsible as Dr Wakefield, in threatening that people will die because we leave the European Union.

"What level of responsibility was that?" he added.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Some more details/context

Of course, Reese-Mogg has parliamentary privilege to protect him.

If I were Nichols, I'd just wait outside parliament, and then lamp the cunt.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

High Court rejects prorogation challenge

And Labour continue to flip-flop on a GE, now looking like they'll vote against the motion on Monday, despite saying they'd agree to one if the No No-Deal bill passed. When one does happen, I hope they get utterly mauled at the polls either by Cons/TBP or Lib Dems.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 am High Court rejects prorogation challenge

And Labour continue to flip-flop on a GE, now looking like they'll vote against the motion on Monday, despite saying they'd agree to one if the No No-Deal bill passed. When one does happen, I hope they get utterly mauled at the polls either by Cons/TBP or Lib Dems.
You'd seriously rather have TBP than Labour?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 am High Court rejects prorogation challenge

No - I said I want to see Labour annihilated. By every other party standing preferably.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:45 pm

No - I said I want to see Labour annihilated. By every other party standing preferably.
So you'd rather see TBP in parliament than Labour. That's the logical outcome of your statement.
---
GG.

Post by GG. »

I would wholeheartedly rather see a small number of Brexit Party represented in parliament than Labour be in power - because being clear - that's all we are talking about here. They are never likely to win more than a smattering of seats under FPTP.

You seem to be in some fantasy land where you're thinking they're equivalent to the BNP or Tommy Robinson, which they really aren't. Their views are no worse than Corbyn or McDonnell's on the other end of the spectrum.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:49 pm

So you'd rather see TBP in parliament than Labour. That's the logical outcome of your statement.
I said I want Labour to get mauled at the polls by either Cons/TBP or Lib Dems. I want to see them lose a significant share of their vote to the other parties - any of the other main parties in fact. I'd have listed all the other main parties but I couldn't be 4rsed typing them out. ;)

That in no way means I want TBP in Parliament. TBP getting a seat may be 1 outcome of what I want to see happen, but that's not the same as me wanting TBP to get a seat. ;)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:01 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:49 pm

I said I want Labour to get mauled at the polls by either Cons/TBP or Lib Dems. I want to see them lose a significant share of their vote to the other parties - any of the other main parties in fact. I'd have listed all the other main parties but I couldn't be 4rsed typing them out. ;)

That in no way means I want TBP in Parliament. TBP getting a seat may be 1 outcome of what I want to see happen, but that's not the same as me wanting TBP to get a seat. ;)
But you can't absolve yourself of the outcome, irrespective of whether it is a primary or collateral one. Take TBP out of your list and you'd be fine.

@GG: you're way off, but the fact that you'll accept MPs from a business with no political manifesto or agenda, that gives its supporters no say in policy and is fronted by a petty, xenophobic, cartoon character with a history as "rich" as Farage's is sad.

Labour is by no stretch perfect and I think JC is unfit to be leader of the opposition, let alone PM, but I'd still have him and Labour over Farage any day of the week. Before you decry my statement remember that I've seen what happens when the supposed fringe party suddenly gets to centre stage because they prop up a weak minority government. It isn't pretty and nobody is better off for it.
---
Richard

Post by Richard »

What a very amusing joke that definitely makes sense

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm

But you can't absolve yourself of the outcome, irrespective of whether it is a primary or collateral one. Take TBP out of your list and you'd be fine.
Whilst I wouldnt want TBP to get a seat, if that's what local voters want then it's a consequence of democracy.

My reasons for wanting to see Lab crucified, beyond the truly frightening prospect that is John McDonnell, is that they stand for nothing. They are more unprincipled at present then any other party, by a gargantuan margin, and it's purely driven by their desire to get in power come what may. Even as a leave voter I'd rather see the Lib Dems in power and us revoke A50 then let those two feckers anywhere near no. 10
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If Boris just keeps saying "there's only one chlorinated chicken round here" over and over someone's bound to laugh eventually.
An absolute unit
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Whilst I wouldnt want TBP to get a seat, if that's what local voters want then it's a consequence of democracy.

My reasons for wanting to see Lab crucified, beyond the truly frightening prospect that is John McDonnell, is that they stand for nothing. They are more unprincipled at present then any other party, by a gargantuan margin, and it's purely driven by their desire to get in power come what may. Even as a leave voter I'd rather see the Lib Dems in power and us revoke A50 then let those two feckers anywhere near no. 10
We weren't talking about the local voters, but your views. However, I'll be right behind you on the lib dems and revoking A50. If it comes to pass I'll buy you as many consolation beers as it takes to numb your pain.
---
GG.

Post by GG. »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 pm

I would agree with you on that.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 pmEven as a leave voter I'd rather see the Lib Dems in power and us revoke A50 then let those two feckers anywhere near no. 10
This for me too.

So, No No Deal Brexit will be law - anyone want to try and explain what happens next?? :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

You couldn't guess but BJ is adamant he won't ask for an extension, there ain't going to be a general election so does BJ resign after spectaculary failing to deliver his promise, I don't think so. The only sane thing to do is revoke Article 50 but nothing about this whole mess has been sane.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 pm You couldn't guess but BJ is adamant he won't ask for an extension, there ain't going to be a general election so does BJ resign after spectaculary failing to deliver his promise, I don't think so. The only sane thing to do is revoke Article 50 but nothing about this whole mess has been sane.
He could just advise the queen not to give it assent as Blair did for a bill that would have forced a commons vote for the Iraq war. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... egislation
As he will have already have asked for 2 general elections by then and had then voted down it implies the government has the confidence of parliament in some weird way, but we know it’s because labour are scared and they cannot guarantee that the cons wont team up with tbp to fight for the labour heartlands. With both court cases looking dead parliament shuts down ( no one will be able to do anything about it) and the Eu can then shit a brick because it will look like we may actually do it, German q3 figures should then land (possible recession) and then we will know if there’s a chance of a new deal because merkel will make it happen.
Lots of what ifs and maybes but who knows what’s going on now.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’s nothing to do with Labour being scared. They just know full well that if an election is called before everything’s in place, there’s a chance we crash out with No Deal. The only fear is getting a No Deal my default. You’ve been listening to too much Cummings rhetoric.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think to be fair, it's not that they're scared, but they know that if they hold an election in October they'll lose to Boris and if they go for November they'll level peg in the polls. So it's in their interests to wait for the later date. Of course, they don't want to leave with no-deal, but it's not their only motivation.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:23 am Of course, they don't want to leave with no-deal, but it's not their only motivation.
That's what they say but the cvnts are so unprincipled that if the Cons had a good deal they'd vote against it in favour of a No Deal. Who's to say what they really want?