Bye Bye Boris!

NotoriousREV

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jo Johnson, brother of Boris, has resigned citing the unresolvable tension between family loyalty and national interest.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

He's our "neighbour" MP. I suspect their family Christmas will be interesting.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 am He's our "neighbour" MP. I suspect their family Christmas will be interesting.
“Would you mind passing the gravy, you fucking traitor”
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:49 am
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 am He's our "neighbour" MP. I suspect their family Christmas will be interesting.
“Would you mind passing the gravy, you fucking traitor”
"Not until you let me have my christmas cake and eat it"
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

You don't suppose Boris's plan is to keep pushing "No Deal" Brexit in order to make Parliament force him to accept a deal from Europe...

.. and thus indemnify him from future consequence. He can run the country into the ground and claim "Well, if you'd only let me leave with No Deal..."

Nothing would surprise me.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I think the Mirror got this the wrong way round. It's Cummings who plays the Baldrick character and comes up with the cunning plans.

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Election to be re-tabled on Mon evening after the No No-Deal becomes law. Will Labour vote for it, now it meets their latest conditions, or will they flip-flop again?
Simon

Post by Simon »

I wonder if that'll be stopped by Bercow as 'cannot table same bill twice in same session' etc.

Yes, I know May did it with the WA, but that was before Bercow realised it was against the rules.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I imagine that's what they might play for.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:05 pm Election to be re-tabled on Mon evening after the No No-Deal becomes law. Will Labour vote for it, now it meets their latest conditions, or will they flip-flop again?
Labour appear to be having an internal squabble about this. I think Corbyn wants to wait until the extension is fully agreed i.e. Johnson actually sends the letter, the EU agree and it's all fully signed off. I think he specifically wants to wait until after the 31st to ensure the Brexit Party steals as many Tory votes as possible.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:20 pm I wonder if that'll be stopped by Bercow as 'cannot table same bill twice in same session' etc.

Yes, I know May did it with the WA, but that was before Bercow realised it was against the rules.
I love Bercow. I can't wait for him to be knighted for his amazing service.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:15 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:05 pm Election to be re-tabled on Mon evening after the No No-Deal becomes law. Will Labour vote for it, now it meets their latest conditions, or will they flip-flop again?
Labour appear to be having an internal squabble about this. I think Corbyn wants to wait until the extension is fully agreed i.e. Johnson actually sends the letter, the EU agree and it's all fully signed off. I think he specifically wants to wait until after the 31st to ensure the Brexit Party steals as many Tory votes as possible.
That. Make Boris miss his deadline and give whatever collection of parties ends up in power after an election a bit of breathing space before the next deadline.

Whoever is in charge on Oct 31st is fucked, why would Jeremy want to risk that.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Is it too simplistic to think that if No "No Deal" becomes law next week but majority consensus for ANY DEAL is highly unlikely (Based on May's experience) , we'll just need to admit defeat and agree the EU is an organisation we can't actually leave ??

Or could the EU just get fed up of the uncertainty and Expel us ???

There's too many bloody possible scenarios to keep up...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
GG.

Post by GG. »

The EU most certainly will stop granting extensions at some point.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

They'll have to - for their own sake.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:00 pm The EU most certainly will stop granting extensions at some point.
I'm not sure they will. Do you think they want the UK to leave?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Macron certainly does and it only takes one of them to demur. There's one thing in not wanting us to leave but another in trapping us in a never-ending limbo where they have to keep discussing it with us like picking at a wound that won't heal.

In some respects, the integrationists certainly do want us to leave so they can push through tax harmonisation, etc. that we'd never agree to.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

100 years from now, there will be a solemn ceremony where we send the Brexit minister to Brussels to beg them to let us stay for another three months.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

Like that weird arrangement where congress passed the law to move the US embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv but the president just habitually signed a deferral order periodically? :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:12 pm
GG. wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:00 pm The EU most certainly will stop granting extensions at some point.
I'm not sure they will. Do you think they want the UK to leave?
No, not really but If Germany and France etc head into recession due to the uncertainty, surely the patience will eventually run out?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49342244