Bye Bye Boris!

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:28 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 am It's to stop people opposing no deal, which is the outcome that the people pulling Boris's strings want.
or to stop opposing it before the EU Council summit to strengthen negotiations?

The dates just seem too close to be a coincidence to me, and obviously they can’t declare that as the reason.
The cynic in me does wonder whether this is something that's been hatched, if not in collusion with the EU, but at least with their knowledge, and that Johnson's hiding something up his sleeve.

It's a very risky move though (in terms of votes of NC, other challenges) and one that doesn't sit entirely well with me.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's impossible to know if anyone agrees with Broccers because he's never said anything of any substance :lol:.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:44 am
Gavin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:39 am
Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:25 am

I know so sads.... but over 50 percent of the country agree with me on this one :lol:
Not according to pretty much every poll conducted over the last wee while they don't.

Who the fuck would be stupid enough to vote through a No Deal, nobody said it was even an option, it was going to be the easiest deal in history according to the wankers who led us down this path, we were going to get a better deal as the EU needed us more than we did them.

Now it is "Oh well we go through World Wars, we can get through this" as if we would have voted to have a fucking WW. Get your head out you arse.
3 years ago they might have thought they agreed with you, nowhere near that figure now.
Article 50 revoke by remainer May had that included and the MP majority approved it :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:17 am It's ok Broccers, no one cares what you think.
I have literally no idea what he even thinks.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:17 am It's ok Broccers, no one cares what you think.
Probably your meds fella - go grab them :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:45 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 am It's to stop people opposing no deal, which is the outcome that the people pulling Boris's strings want.

The dates just seem too close to be a coincidence to me, and obviously they can’t declare that as the reason.
The cynic in me does wonder whether this is something that's been hatched, if not in collusion with the EU, but at least with their knowledge, and that Johnson's hiding something up his sleeve.

It's a very risky move though (in terms of votes of NC, other challenges) and one that doesn't sit entirely well with me.
i don’t even think it’s think it’s that complicated. Why would the EU back down on any points if there’s no risk of any other option.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Just going back to this - there is a statutory constraint which forces Parliament to sit under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019, so there is no lawful possibility of proroguing until 1 November. The date of 14 Oct is as far as Boris and Cummings could push it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Just going back to this - there is a statutory constraint which forces Parliament to sit under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019, so there is no lawful possibility of proroguing until 1 November. The date of 14 Oct is as far as Boris and Cummings could push it.
lots of mention of 21 Oct in that, I don’t have a clue how to read that sort of doc, could it have been another week?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 pm lots of mention of 21 Oct in that, I don’t have a clue how to read that sort of doc, could it have been another week?
Lots of questions in this topic. :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:22 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:28 am or to stop opposing it before the EU Council summit to strengthen negotiations?

lots of mention of 21 Oct in that, I don’t have a clue how to read that sort of doc, could it have been another week?
It's the obligation requiring Parliament to meet under s3(4) which is the constraint - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... /3/enacted - "If, as a result of Parliament standing prorogued or adjourned, a Minister of the Crown cannot comply with the obligations in subsection (2) or (3), a proclamation [..] shall require Parliament to meet on a specified day within the period within which compliance with subsection (3) is required and to meet on the five following days [...]"
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:56 am
Not on meds here mate, you'll have to use one of your other responses :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:04 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:56 am

Not on meds here mate, you'll have to use one of your other responses :lol:
Apols personal comments are your game fella :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Apols accepted 8-)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 pm Apols accepted 8-)
💪
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Nothing after that? I feel a GE coming on...
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We should never have let them switch the Large Hadron Collider on. Things have been weird since then.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

I'm preparing for an election, today I registered to vote from my new address and everything.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Pete_ wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:27 pm I'm preparing for an election, today I registered to vote from my new address and everything.
Everyone should vote.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Simon

Post by Simon »

I used to think that but now, no. Everyone who's engaged and informed should vote. Those who don't know, understand or care should stay at home and let the adults vote.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

So, how do we see a pre-31 Oct election playing out?

Looks a pretty scary prospect to me. I fear both tories and labour have alienated too much of their core voter base, and we could end up with half the house carved up between the rest. Boris can't agreed to Farage's demand to commit to no-deal, so Brexit party would stand in direct opposition, and could take a meaningful number of seats (60-100 seats doesn't seem unrealistic, despite being terrifying). SNP will monster Scotland and get those 35 odd. The lib-dems will make a big resurgence, but not big enough to make a meaningful difference to the end result (50-70 seats, maybe). Plus whatever the new version of change.uk can pull together - the newly deselected tories will probably keep a number of their seats, but I fear the rest will be too disorganised to end up with any decent numbers.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"