Bye Bye Boris!

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I'm relatively satisfied that there remains enough control by the likes of EFTA over EEA matters that affect it, yes. Although would it not be non-Schengen? As an aside it's quite interesting when you look into it as to which countries are members or otherwise of the various European bodies - very few seem to all sit within the same realms! Hence why the edict that the referendum meant out out is total bollocks and incredibly frustrating (to someone like me at least that sits squarely between the two camps).

Regarding our responsibilities - absolutely yes. It's something I wrestled with at the time leading up to the referendum, and still do in fact, as a number of those countries most affected in the EU have seen us as an important ally when it comes to taming some of what has gone on. By the same token though those countries also seem to most understand why we've stuck two fingers up.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:19 pm Have you ever been AS positive on any subject you fully understand Rev? I haven't seen it - lots of questioning and tearing apart - zero positivity. Maybe something to work on ;)
I'm inquisitive by nature. I ask questions, I seek to understand and I love to learn. Those are all aspects of my personality that I'm very happy and comfortable with, thanks.The alternative is ignorance and closed-mindedness which are personality traits I can't bear.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:22 pm I'm relatively satisfied that there remains enough control by the likes of EFTA over EEA matters that affect it, yes. Although would it not be non-Schengen? As an aside it's quite interesting when you look into it as to which countries are members or otherwise of the various European bodies - very few seem to all sit within the same realms! Hence why the edict that the referendum meant out out is total bollocks and incredibly frustrating (to someone like me at least that sits squarely between the two camps).

Regarding our responsibilities - absolutely yes. It's something I wrestled with at the time leading up to the referendum, and still do in fact, as a number of those countries most affected in the EU have seen us as an important ally when it comes to taming some of what has gone on. By the same token though those countries also seem to most understand why we've stuck two fingers up.
Fair enough. My view is different to yours in that I think we should have been more engaged, rather than less, and driving our agenda as hard as the Germans pushed theirs, but I think we’re starting in a very similar place.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:19 pm Have you ever been AS positive on any subject you fully understand Rev? I haven't seen it - lots of questioning and tearing apart - zero positivity. Maybe something to work on ;)
I'm inquisitive by nature. I ask questions, I seek to understand and I love to learn. Those are all aspects of my personality that I'm very happy and comfortable with, thanks.The alternative is ignorance and closed-mindedness which are personality traits I can't bear.
Ok great lets see the positive new Dave :) Asking questions is fine, visibly getting angry with the phrasing of them is not. Tea time - your fish fingers are ready :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:31 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 pm
Ok great lets see the positive new Dave :) Asking questions is fine, visibly getting angry with the phrasing of them is not. Tea time - your fish fingers are ready :lol:
I honestly, and I can't state this strongly enough, do not give one flying fuck what you or anyone else thinks of me. I could not giving the smallest iota of a fuck. I'll carry on being me with no compromises. I actively enjoy getting angry and passionate about stuff. If you don't like it, tough fucking shit.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Vinegar on your chips maybe? I used to love beans chips and fish fingers :)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:38 pm Vinegar on your chips maybe? I used to love beans chips and fish fingers :)
I don't like beans or fish fingers. I'm having chips, curry and a battered sausage from the chippy, with lots of salt and plenty of non-brewed condiment.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He’s gone off on one again :lol:
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:31 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:22 pm I'm relatively satisfied that there remains enough control by the likes of EFTA over EEA matters that affect it, yes. Although would it not be non-Schengen? As an aside it's quite interesting when you look into it as to which countries are members or otherwise of the various European bodies - very few seem to all sit within the same realms! Hence why the edict that the referendum meant out out is total bollocks and incredibly frustrating (to someone like me at least that sits squarely between the two camps).

Fair enough. My view is different to yours in that I think we should have been more engaged, rather than less, and driving our agenda as hard as the Germans pushed theirs, but I think we’re starting in a very similar place.
Aye, I’ve never really followed the logic of constantly voting for wasters to go over and get paid to not turn up when we could’ve had a lot of influence if we’d wanted it.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:45 pm He’s gone off on one again :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Not at all.

Interested to see the Scots view - I guess you like Nic Sturgeon and want independent Scotland - which is great - I'm part Scottish, my Gparents were from Shetland.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:54 pm
Not at all.

Interested to see the Scots view - I guess you like Nic Sturgeon and want independent Scotland - which is great - I'm part Scottish, my Gparents were from Shetland.
That explains a lot and thank you. You don't wish to be part of any union for the greater good?
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:08 pm
Not at all.

That explains a lot and thank you. You don't wish to be part of any union for the greater good?
I'd vote for Sheffield to go independent. It's a bitch to get to anyway :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Re: Bye Bye Boris

Post by ZedLeg »

Not at all.

Yes and no, I voted yes in the Indy ref but I’ve never voted SNP in my life.

I can understand why some people would be confused as to how Scottish people could back a yes vote and be against brexit. I can’t speak for everyone but for me the Westminster parliament is heavily weighted towards the south of England (Scotland has less mps than Greater London) which is fine but it doesn’t represent Scotland.

I’m not some rabid Nat. I think patriotism is an anachronism that the powerful use to keep the poor at each other’s throats so they don’t notice who’s really fucking them over.

The EU is more good than bad imo and if we’d ever actually engaged with it in a meaningful way we probably wouldn’t be in this mess.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:08 pm
Not at all.

It's amusing that Scots want to be away from the UK but want to be in the EU.

I don't understand that.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:00 pm
Not at all.

Yes and no, I voted yes in the Indy ref but I’ve never voted SNP in my life.

I can understand why some people would be confused as to how Scottish people could back a yes vote and be against brexit. I can’t speak for everyone but for me the Westminster parliament is heavily weighted towards the south of England (Scotland has less mps than Greater London) which is fine but it doesn’t represent Scotland.

I’m not some rabid Nat. I think patriotism is an anachronism that the powerful use to keep the poor at each other’s throats so they don’t notice who’s really fucking them over.

The EU is more good than bad imo and if we’d ever actually engaged with it in a meaningful way we probably wouldn’t be in this mess.
Honest answer. Cheers.

I feel the same about being controlled by a foreign entity. The UK for me includes Scottish folk.

The world is a different place these days. Having deals and tariffs are less important.

Look at influencers and New money people where do they pay tax? Who can track where the person clicked a button and pay the tax in that region? Maybe you it savvy folk can tell me?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Most people I know actually align quite a lot on it when you really drill down. I know a lot of remainers that couldn't give a rat's about the EU and would be happy to come out of just that element, amd a lot of brexiters that couldn't give a tits about immigration and trading.

It's what I find most frustrating when I see the two sides pitched in battle against each other - actually there's probably compromise to be found and a way forward. The loonies appear to be running the show. And the media are the conductors.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Turns out Demonic Raab is a lying cunt. I, for one, am shocked.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49165836
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:22 pm
Honest answer. Cheers.

I feel the same about being controlled by a foreign entity. The UK for me includes Scottish folk.

The world is a different place these days. Having deals and tariffs are less important.

Look at influencers and New money people where do they pay tax? Who can track where the person clicked a button and pay the tax in that region? Maybe you it savvy folk can tell me?
Do you think standing on the outside will change any of that?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Also, tracking where someone clicked on a button is relatively trivial for the most part (harder but not impossible with VPNs etc.)
Middle-aged Dirtbag