Post by IanF »

https://road.cc/content/news/264085-end ... ssion=true

Hope you didn’t spend too long putting it up SJ (&GG) 😉
Cheers,

Ian
NotoriousREV

Re: CCTV

Post by NotoriousREV »

There's a few important things in there: a) it's all opinion at this stage b) it's a guideline, not the law c) Arguably "continuous recording" could mean records whilst the vehicle is stationary, not just when being driven d) even considering GDPR, there's no right to privacy in a public place d) that article doesn't mention CCTV, which already has guidelines about recording people off your property (e.g. I've set up motion detection and exclude areas that are public so it only records if someone is on my property). I assume everyone with a home CCTV system has registered with the ICO?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

The UAE is stringent on this, if anyone cares (I struggle to personally!) You can't photo or film anyone without their permission, the end.

There was a viral video from someone's dashcam of some chick who has taken her car from the valet without paying the parking fee, and the valet attendant is attached to her bonnet trying to get her to stop (fair play to him actually!)

Only person to get done was the guy with the dashcam. 🤦‍♂️
mik

Post by mik »

Interesting!

Our CCTV looks at our property only, but a neighbour has cameras trained on the street entrance, so captures anyone coming in/out, which is naughty, but I know I can approach him for footage if it was ever needed.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Wouldn't there need to be a requirement for "public interest" in any kind of prosecution ?

The camera on the front of my house mostly points at the driveway but it does capture the pavement too, so I guess I have a record of everyone who's walked past my house recently. If that footage just sits on a HDD in my loft until it gets overwritten where's the public interest in forcing me to stop ?

If I was analysing it, identifying people's routines and selling that data, that's a completely different matter.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Let’s hope this becomes effective immediately, purely on the basis it’ll wipe the smile off Regent’s Park Corner Gandalf’s face pretty quickly.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Maurice wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:44 pm Regent’s Park Corner Gandalf’s face pretty quickly.
Took me a while to get that. Thou shall not pass!! :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If this stops a country full of tattle tales then good.

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 pm If this stops a country full of tattle tales then good.

Dave!
If Some cunt tries to take my cars or get into my house, I want to see who it is so I can show the pics to my more interesting friends and have the shit kicked out of them because they’ll know who they are, masks or not, if they’re local scrotes.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Don't go the full JJBlade Rev... Never go the full JJBlade… :)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:50 pm
V8Granite wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 pm If this stops a country full of tattle tales then good.

Dave!
If Some cunt tries to take my cars or get into my house, I want to see who it is so I can show the pics to my more interesting friends and have the shit kicked out of them because they’ll know who they are, masks or not, if they’re local scrotes.
where do you live? Chatsworth Council Estate? 😃
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Near Nathan, by the sounds of it.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:23 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Dave!
where do you live? Chatsworth Council Estate? 😃
How it works is that scum travel from the poor areas to the good areas to nick expensive stuff. No point nicking Polaroid TVs from your neighbours, is there?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Sounds like some sort of wall might be in order. Get them to pay for it.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Ideally, yes. Or maybe just put them in some kind of camp.

I fitted the CCTV after we had a couple of bits of vandalism, some stuff taken from the cars when they got left unlocked (on separate occasions, which lead me to realise people come round regularly trying door handles etc.) and someone tried to bust the lock on the patio doors in broad daylight (the back garden is shielded from the road by high walls). Since I fitted it, it's not picked up anything interesting which leads me to believe that they've clocked the cameras and are leaving us alone. Result.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We suffered 2 break-ins from organised gangs who hit villages, rob 15 or 20 houses and are gone before the first one is reported. As Rev said, no point in hitting a council estate or anywhere near a police station.

Plod’s advice was honest both times. Audible Alarms on their own are fairly useless (how many times do folk generally phone the police when the alarm goes off in the street ? ), they need security callback/follow up to be worth anything. Even then, professional gangs will know response times, exit roots etc. A dog of any sort is a deterrent - they’ll just move onto next door and believe it or not, trellises?? trelli?? on the back and side walls because you can’t get over them quietly.

Other than that, usual security precautions, list and evidence all your possessions for the Insurance, CCTV obviously and then try to get on with your life, if it happens, it happens...

It sucks but it’s how we deal with it..

Lets be careful out there... ;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…