Rich Energy

JLv3.0

Re: Rich Energy

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yet this thread firmly confirms otherwise.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:36 pm Yep. Company name change
Bizarre. Spend millions promoting a brand/name, then change it! 😂
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm They're Lighting Volt now aren't they, according to Harris and other sources?
heres their new “lightning bolt” logo...

DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Very good :)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Gavin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 pm
I believe you could buy cans with the pinched logo on Amazon but I have never seen a can in the metal.
I was hoping to see/try one at the weekend at Silverstone but alas no. I also failed to grab a free can of Red Bull as well, though I could have had plenty.
Left over crest; tightens.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:19 pm
JonMad wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm They're Lighting Volt now aren't they, according to Harris and other sources?
heres their new “lightning bolt” logo...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

simon_g

Post by simon_g »

It's The BDG Group ( https://www.thebdggroup.com/ ) who are "the UK’s leading unlicensed Insolvency Practitioners". They managed to file with that company name then quickly changed it.

They seem to quickly rename the company to something temporary, tell any creditors to get bent and shield director(s) from as much fallout as possible.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It all seems very odd. Surely the only assets that Rich Energy have are the name (and the empty cans)?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

They had Storey :!:

Oh hang on. Assets... not ass hats. :?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I thought you were going to go with Goodwill as the other asset they had. No, Will wasn't good either was he :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Gavin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 pm Wonder if the empty cans are blank still.........

This has been a bizarre story from start to finish, I bet Williams are sitting with their long term Rockit deal smiling away.

I believe you could buy cans with the pinched logo on Amazon but I have never seen a can in the metal. I find it hard to believe anyone who watches and follows F1 could be unaware of the whole sorry saga surrounding the sponsorship though.
Believe it, I had no knowledge of them before this thread.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

This has been established.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:13 pm They had Storey :!:

Oh hang on. Assets... not ass hats. :?
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Gavin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 pm I find it hard to believe anyone who watches and follows F1 could be unaware of the whole sorry saga surrounding the sponsorship though.
Since f1 has gone highlights only I tend to just record the show then fast forward through the chat and adverts. I knew haas had changed colour, but the most prominent branding on their car is their own name.

Given the limited air time they're getting this year I honestly had not noticed their sponsor until it was mentioned on this thread.

Maybe I had seen it but couldn't be bothered trying to find out what it was?

I had no idea what the whyte bikes logo was until reading the articles above about the copyright court case either :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Gavin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 pm I find it hard to believe anyone who watches and follows F1 could be unaware of the whole sorry saga surrounding the sponsorship though.
Since f1 has gone highlights only I tend to just record the show then fast forward through the chat and adverts. I knew haas had changed colour, but the most prominent branding on their car is their own name.

Given the limited air time they're getting this year I honestly had not noticed their sponsor until it was mentioned on this thread.

I had no idea what the whyte bikes logo was until reading the articles above about the copyright court case either :lol:
No no, you’re wrong, Rich said they did massive advertising so we all must have known about them.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm

No no, you’re wrong, Rich said they did massive advertising so we all must have known about them.
The irony is, you HAVE heard of them. Because of their massive advertising campaign on a racing car team, you’ve not only heard of them, you’re actually talking about them on a car forum.

If they’d not bothered spending the millions it takes to be a title sponsor of an F1 team, do you think there’d be a whole thread on here about them?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

95% this, only difference being I watch some races live/in full. I had obviously seen the sponsor as I did recognise it after reading this thread. Before that it hadn't registered, I hadn't thought of it or considered researching it (or buying it) before this thread.

Obviously in that respect this mess has been fantastic publicity, although if anything it has made me less likely to buy the product than if I'd never heard of it! Energy drinks are bad at the best of times, but some backstreet concoction like this would probably turn your insides into mush.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

There's no such thing as bad publicity! Erm...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Talking of shit advertising I never knew what this logo was until months ago despite seeing it for years

Another one would be Parmalat - had no idea they were a dairy company until I strolled into a supermarket in Italy.

BWT - again thought they make bottled water like Buxton but nope, went to put a salt block in my water softener which I’ve done for years and noticed the faint BWT logo on it!
How about not having a sig at all?