Bicycle for sells

ste

Bicycle for sells

Post by ste »

I know this is a very long shot on here, but thought I may as well offer it and see...

Supersix Evo Black Inc.

I'll offer it as a full bike for a while and then if necessary sell it as components. Ideally it'll sell as a whole bike though and someone can enjoy it as it's brilliant!

It's a '13 frame, which uses the nano carbon. I've coupled it with a post-'16 fork. The frame weighs 706g. Adding the 244g of the '16 HiMod fork gives an overall frameset weight of 950g. Size is 54.

Bike in its current set up is 5.42kg. Be mindful that's with deep Enves and with climbing wheels this bike can be easily under 5kg.

Price: £3k which is an utter bargain considering the parts fitted. I'd rather not add it up, but the initial Black-Inc was an £8k bike before you start adding all the nice parts. Current Black-Inc is ~£11k before adding all the parts mine has.

Have a look at the build thread and message me with any questions. I have most of the parts still that it's had fitted at different stages so could swap parts around to suit a new owner.

Build thread: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=125933

Thanks!

me@stenelson.co.uk
DaveE

Re: Bicycle for sells

Post by DaveE »

I'd love to know what the total cost has been :)
ste

Post by ste »

I genuinely don't know. I could work it out but it'd be a pain in the arse. If you look at my build thread i initially bought a Supersix Evo 'Red' which retailed at £3500 but that I got in an end of season sale for ~£2k.

I eventually sold that frame and bought this much better frameset with the net cost being in my favour. I don't think I've paid proper RRP for anything on it, but it's been a lot of effort to get the parts for the prices I have and to research it and put it all together.

I bet I've not spent much more than the asking price in total. But to repeat it you could probably spend an awful lot. The wheels RRP was £3000 for instance. Other similar bikes on Weightweenies built by people with deeper pockets and less patience than me could be ~£15k
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

Ooo I’m tempted. Don’t know much about bike sizes but I’m 6’4”. Would it fit me? Where are you based?
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

Ah I’ve just checked, 54 is for heights up to about 5’7” :(
ste

Post by ste »

I'm in West Sussex. At 6' 4" it's likely to be too small for you. I'm under 6' and it's a small frame for me. I prefer it that way and have a long stem etc on it. It's also v. low at the front, unless you're used to riding bikes like this and are flexible then you may struggle. (Assuming if you don't know much about bike sizes you probably don't know this stuff).

You're very welcome to have a look and try it though. I'd do a straight swap for a GT4.
ste

Post by ste »

revsRus wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:30 pm Ah I’ve just checked, 54 is for heights up to about 5’7” :(
:lol: That must be where I've been going wrong all these years then. I'm 5' 10" / 5' 11" on a good day. It fits me perfectly and I have no spacers under the stem, effectively making the frame as small as it can be. From the factory a 54 comes able to be about 3" higher.
ste

Post by ste »

Cannondale recommend a 54 for 5' 7" - 5'10". This is if you plan to ride it as it comes straight from them. This bike had a 100mm stem from the factory, it's now fitted with a 110mm and bars with a longer reach to the hoods.

As the note says on the pic above, selecting a smaller sized frame offers faster handling. Look at the pro peloton and every rider is on a bike that the manufacturer's chart says would be too small for them. They all have 120 / 130mm stems though and long seat posts. Watch most sunday riders out on their bikes and you'll see people on bikes that are too big and have a mountain of stem spacers under their stem because they're too inflexible to bend into an efficient aero position.

Maybe I need to caveat the advert elsewhere. If you can't touch your toes this isn't for you. 8-)
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Midget :) Nice bike for the money. I rarely make it onto the drops.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What are you replacing it with?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ste

Post by ste »

A house. :lol:

I need every penny at the moment. I have 5 bikes at the moment and will have to put some bikes in storage while I have no garage during the building work. I just realised its daft to store them all for the whole summer.

I also enjoy the building part, so will build another one when I have a new garage to do it in.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

ste wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:07 pm A house. :lol:
But an ultra lightweight carbon framed house, right?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I bet his bricks will have holes in though.

Dave!