The Mystery of Supercar Allocations

SSO

The Mystery of Supercar Allocations

Post by SSO »

Just posted up a new article on the The Mystery of Supercar Allocations:

https://karenable.com/the-mystery-of-su ... locations/

Probably will not getting a Christmas card from Ferrari this year.....

Comments?
Explosive Newt

Re: The Mystery of Supercar Allocations

Post by Explosive Newt »

This is the stuff that isn’t really written down anywhere in the magazines (bit like London gentlemen’s clubs). Do you compare notes at the big supercar owner get-together?

PS “cleaver” ;-)
SSO

Post by SSO »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16 pm This is the stuff that isn’t really written down anywhere in the magazines (bit like London gentlemen’s clubs). Do you compare notes at the big supercar owner get-together?

PS “cleaver” ;-)
It is sometimes a point of discussion when we get together.

PS - Thanks, :o
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I know people often struggle get even ‘regular’ cars out of dealers hands. The US dealers seem to mark up anything and everything which is somewhat popular and on trend at the time. It must be quite frustrating when you want to spend your £100k+ and buy something and there’s a lot of BS and hoops to jump through with no guarantees at the end.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
SSO

Post by SSO »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:16 pm I know people often struggle get even ‘regular’ cars out of dealers hands. The US dealers seem to mark up anything and everything which is somewhat popular and on trend at the time. It must be quite frustrating when you want to spend your £100k+ and buy something and there’s a lot of BS and hoops to jump through with no guarantees at the end.
This is why I have nothing to do with the local Ferrari dealer in the US
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Me neither. Solidarity, brother 😎
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

On the subject of supercar weirdness anyone else read the Jalopnik article on Koenigsegg's very weird rant at Bonhams on the estimated value of a one:1?
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:40 pm On the subject of supercar weirdness anyone else read the Jalopnik article on Koenigsegg's very weird rant at Bonhams on the estimated value of a one:1?
No, can you post a link. Thanks
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jalopnik's article

K'negg's Blog contains this baffling piece of... logic "The question is, why should bidders, who trust Bonhams’s judgement, not be given a fair chance to jump on the opportunity, instead of stopping their bids short, based on information Bonhams knows is incorrect?"

Unless they're more savvy than I thought and are counting on the Streisand effect to encourage strong bidding from eager collectors who don't want to miss out on a not-bargain.
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:48 pm Jalopnik's article

K'negg's Blog contains this baffling piece of... logic "The question is, why should bidders, who trust Bonhams’s judgement, not be given a fair chance to jump on the opportunity, instead of stopping their bids short, based on information Bonhams knows is incorrect?"

Unless they're more savvy than I thought and are counting on the Streisand effect to encourage strong bidding from eager collectors who don't want to miss out on a not-bargain.
K'egg is worried that if the car sells "cheaply" it puts their business pricing model at risk.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:12 pm

K'egg is worried that if the car sells "cheaply" it puts their business pricing model at risk.
Well yes, but surely there's slightly subtler strategies than a blog berating Bonhams for putting their business model at risk :D
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 pm
SSO wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Well yes, but surely there's slightly subtler strategies than a blog berating Bonhams for putting their business model at risk :D
Agree, it was more than a rather odd approach.