Brands Hatch, Monday 8th July

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Brands Hatch, Monday 8th July

Post by JonMad »

Me and SundayJumper going.
Anyone fancy it?
Listed at £249 but there’s a 10% discount code.

https://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calend ... july/8-bh/
Left over crest; tightens.
DeskJockey

Re: Brands Hatch, Monday 8th July

Post by DeskJockey »

Can't join, but you're welcome to pop by mine for a cuppa. I'm about 20 mins from Brands
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm looking forward to a p-ride in Jon's SLICK-SHOD RACE CAR 8-)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

951AB3A3-2364-4D0D-BF9D-BAA966AB5A20.jpeg
951AB3A3-2364-4D0D-BF9D-BAA966AB5A20.jpeg (220.54 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ah poop, forgot about it, I could have popped along to watch :(
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Fabia went well. Pretty nicely balanced. Shame my front left slick decided to make a bit for freedom. It did feel slightly strange round Paddock Hill Bend when that happened.

Switching back to the PS3s and I eventually managed a lap nearly as quick. Too much traffic though, for such a short track. I didn’t do a single lap without having to let at least one car past. Lots of race cars in attendance. I didn’t actually overtake anyone all day. Got close a couple of times but had to keep letting others past so dropped back again.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Thanks Steve for the ride in the Porsche. So much traction and got me the other side of 100mph my only time. Good to see The Gavster again also.

Thanks Alex (Deskjockey) for the cuppa.
Great to catch up briefly.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

8-)

@Jon :shock: :o
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Turns out I did overtake at least one person. Here's some video (if you can stay awake between the corners) incl. the dodgy noise of the tyre coming off at around 11m40s
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

And thank you to Jon for the ride in the Skoda ! Although it was after the NEAR DEATH TYRE DISASTER so I didn't get to experience the slicks. The car goes really well, considering it's set up as a rally car it was remarkably flat and balanced on tarmac. Nicely sorted little car !

For my part, I got in a muddle at Paddock and span my car into the gravel :oops: Fortunately it was during a tuition session so the tutor was able to tell me exactly what I'd done wrong. If I'd been on my own it probably would have been a bit much to process.

Nice circuit, but short, and a lot of proper race cars out yesterday, so just like Jon's experience I don't think I ever got a whole lap in uninterrupted (either being held up, or having to pull over). Our trip to Bedford last year had a lot more space.

I'd booked a garage in advance but when I arrived Radical Performance Engines had set themselves up in "my" garage, with two cars, trucks & trailers, and a bunch of kit, and totally blocked access from the paddock side. They grudgingly suggested we share for the day - very generous of them !! - but didn't move their trucks so I had to go the long way round each time. Why a professional setup didn't think it was worth paying the extra £30 for their own garage I really don't know :roll:

Anyway, Gavster took a load of pics during the day, so I'll post a link when he's sorted them out.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm Thanks Steve for the ride in the Porsche. So much traction and got me the other side of 100mph my only time. Good to see The Gavster again also.

Thanks Alex (Deskjockey) for the cuppa.
Great to catch up briefly.
You're welcome, was good to see you too. I'd pretend that the chaos of the children was out of the ordinary, but that would be lying.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away