Goodwood FOS

ShockDiamonds

Re: Goodwood FOS

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Wanted to go this year, didn't get around to booking tickets. Last time we went about 5 years ago we stood in one of the manufacturer stands in the motor show bit (think it may have been Alfa) which backed out onto the starting straight with the start line just to our right. The noise and the smell 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well the hillclimb record has finally been broken, in a practice session, with an electric car :( No noise, no smells, no drama.
Teh future sucks :geek:
How about not having a sig at all?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm Well the hillclimb record has finally been broken, in a practice session, with an electric car :( No noise, no smells, no drama.
Apart from the diesel generator used to recharge it according to Dickie Meaden :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

speedingfine wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:00 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm Well the hillclimb record has finally been broken, in a practice session, with an electric car :( No noise, no smells, no drama.
Apart from the diesel generator used to recharge it according to Dickie Meaden :lol:
Yep I took a picture of it as it was quite silly.
A diesel lorry towing a massive diesel generator all the way from Germany with the most ignorant messages on it, with another lorry towing the car - I imagine it has the biggest co2 footprint this weekend there!

Edit - so reading about it a bit more, the diesel generator has had its cycle altered to run off glycerin. Apparently there is a worldwide excess of glycerin as it’s a byproduct of biodiesel creation and some companies have recently found out that by modifying the cycle you can run glycerin in a Diesel engine.

So slightly less co2 ;)

Edit 2 - VW could have actually put some of that spiel around the car or truck as there’s nothing explaining it...
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 am
speedingfine wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:00 am
Yep I took a picture of it as it was quite silly.
A diesel lorry towing a massive diesel generator all the way from Germany with the most ignorant messages on it, with another lorry towing the car - I imagine it has the biggest co2 footprint this weekend there!

Edit - so reading about it a bit more, the diesel generator has had its cycle altered to run off glycerin. Apparently there is a worldwide excess of glycerin as it’s a byproduct of biodiesel creation and some companies have recently found out that by modifying the cycle you can run glycerin in a Diesel engine.

So slightly less co2 ;)

Edit 2 - VW could have actually put some of that spiel around the car or truck as there’s nothing explaining it...
Interesting stuff, ta
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

39.90s from the VW :lol:

Anyway, that Citroen DS3 WRX was quite entertaining going up the hill 8-)

Edit to add video.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I concur on the DS3, Solbergs lad wasn't hanging around and certainly wasn't being shy.

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Beany wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:33 pm I concur on the DS3, Solbergs lad wasn't hanging around and certainly wasn't being shy.

Sweeeeet 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Something I’ve just remembered and that I'm surprised the car community hasn’t really complained about... the new Ford Puma Is now a crossover Nissan Juke looking thing. Don’t understand why Ford didn’t just name it something else as it has nothing to do with a Puma...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:19 am Something I’ve just remembered and that I'm surprised the car community hasn’t really complained about... the new Ford Puma Is now a crossover Nissan Juke looking thing. Don’t understand why Ford didn’t just name it something else as it has nothing to do with a Puma...
kind of fits with the Kuga name though. I doubt Ford have any intention of making fwd coupes like the old Cougar and Puma again.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just thought it was an odd decision as you can already imagine all the car reviews knocking it for it. Maybe the next Toyota GT86 will also be a crossover :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Might get it a bit of attention. It sounds like a complete washing machine of a car that I wouldn’t even be aware of if it wasn’t for the reused moniker!

I guess it saved them a few quid registering a new name and checking that It doesn’t actually mean “canine fellatio” or “chicken curry” in some obscure language...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol: Well it’s just a Fiesta on stilts so will be bought by anyone disinterested in cars. Much like the Juke, coming soon to a road near you, going 20% below the speed limit.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So hillclimb records don’t count unless they’re during the shootout, and it’s quite damp at the moment so it may not be broken this year.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yep was a bit of a soggy start to the day today but still great once it dried up a bit.

I'll post some further thoughts and photos when I have more time. Suffice to say GG Junior's taste in cars is still comfortingly affordable at this point :D

Regarding FOS related content - I often find JWW a bit irritating but this 935 video is definitely worth a watch. I though it was just a GT2 RS with different bodywork but the interior (and all carbon panels) tells a somewhat different story

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

In terms of the most well-known YTers, which ones aren't cunts? I've always lumped Sthmeee, JWW, Salomondrin etc into the same camp but that 935 vid actually didn't result in any babies being punched. Should I hate him for reasons or how does it work? And no, watching and deciding for myself is not an option, sorry. Too much risk.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

It's taken him 2 years to become bearable.

He was a click baiter before