Another mass shooting in America

Beany

Re: Another mass shooting in America

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm I’m sure that’s not politically motivated at all :lol:
Oh for sure. It's more the irony of what trump would consider to be 'third world shitholes' telling their populace to keep out of the US because it's too much of a shithole.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Barry wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 pm Where were all the gun owning winners during any of these shootings btw? That seems to be the crux of their arguments. I need a gun to fight off gun men.. fat good it seems to be doing.
Seems to be the default answer for anyone who doesn't want to give up their guns doesn't it.

Every time there's a mass shooting on the news I wonder where the hero who carries their gun for protection is.

I don't recall a gunman in any of them being killed by anyone other than themselves or the police 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I read some heated twitter argument. Apparently the El Paso shooting was in a gun free zone, so all the Americans were unarmed and couldn’t shoot the psycho. Otherwise they’d have all shot him instantly minimising loss of life. The lesson to take forward is to have no gun free zones.
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, and that's not an isolated incident - it's policy. One which they have decided to stop now.

But yeah. America, greatest nation on earth, etc.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'M PROTECTING MY STATE BY OPENLY CARRYING A FULLY LOADED SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE WITH ALL THE FIRE CONTROLS EXPOSED TO ANYONE BEHIND ME AND COMPLETLELY OUTSIDE OF MY CONTROL OTHER THAN BY AN EASILY REMOVABLE STRAP THAT WOULD BE FUNCTIONALLY USELESS AFTER I GET SHOT IN MY OWN CALF A FEW TIMES ANYWAY
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

His penis must be so small that it’s an inverse penis.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I sort of understand that in a society where you have a *lot* of guns, you'd want to carry, through paranoia if nothing else.

But having a loaded rifle on your back? If you're that paranoid, why don't you think that some loony might come up behind you, flick off the safety, run the action, and shoot you right up the arse?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Always thought you’d be much better off with a concealed carry too. If a nutter is going to shoot people they’ll surely pick off the obvious threat carrying the AR first.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:31 pm Always thought you’d be much better off with a concealed carry too. If a nutter is going to shoot people they’ll surely pick off the obvious threat carrying the AR first.
That's generally been my mindset too.

The good guy with a gun is kinda useless if they get shot first.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

1. Bad guy with a gun starts shooting
2. cops get called
3. Good guys with a gun start shooting back
4. cops turn up and start shooting at any/every active shooter
5. ???
6. Profit
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Beany wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:48 pm Yeah, and that's not an isolated incident - it's policy. One which they have decided to stop now.

If he was white would you have an issue with that ?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Carlos wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 am
Beany wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:48 pm Yeah, and that's not an isolated incident - it's policy. One which they have decided to stop now.

Given that it's not the 1800s any more and we have these things called 'cop cars' which are safer, faster and have less chance of escape, then yeah - there is literally no need to rope someone up and parade them through town publicly.

That he's black is just the icing on the cake on this; you'd have to be spectacularly stupid, or just plain low key racist, to not realise just how bad this would appear.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Beany wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am
Carlos wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 am

Given that it's not the 1800s any more and we have these things called 'cop cars' which are safer, faster and have less chance of escape, then yeah - there is literally no need to rope someone up and parade them through town publicly.

That he's black is just the icing on the cake on this; you'd have to be spectacularly stupid, or just plain low key racist, to not realise just how bad this would appear.
:lol: ok. If a White football hooligan gets bashed on the head and dragged away by the Mounted Police it wouldn't make the local news here.
Beany

Post by Beany »

The guy was being picked up for tresspass, not rioting and throwing chairs at people, you plum.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I don't even need to see the link to know what you're referring to.

Seriously arguing that two cowboys dragging a black man on a rope doesn't look incredibly racist?

They couldn't have just radioed for a car to come and pick him up?
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It'S nOt RaCiSt iF i PuT a BuRnInG cRoSs On A wHiTe MaN's LaWn
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

Beany wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:19 pm I sort of understand that in a society where you have a *lot* of guns, you'd want to carry, through paranoia if nothing else.

But having a loaded rifle on your back?
I can understand this.

I’m not sure there are many situations though where you’d actually be able to put your gun to good use. Unless you actually are John Rambo, you’re probably not John Rambo. By the time you draw you weapon, presumably the attacker has shot you?

Having a pistol for home defence, i can see maybe being handy? But don’t you usually have to keep them locked away, with the ammo separate etc? I guess that’s a state by state law?

I saw a film/programme once where the guy at the gun shop was saying that the very best form of home defence is the *sound* of you cocking a pump action shot gun - which I totally believe.
Beany

Post by Beany »

America: Land of the Brave.

Motorcyle backfires*

No, really.

And yup, injuries from the stampede, although minor.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Richard wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 pm
I saw a film/programme once where the guy at the gun shop was saying that the very best form of home defence is the *sound* of you cocking a pump action shot gun - which I totally believe.
I was told the best home defence weapon was a flamethrower. :shock:

As for the "Good guy with a gun" story, someone tried that in Texas and got shot and killed by the accomplice (that he hadn't spotted) of the guy holding up the Walmart.
Banal Vapid Platitudes