Another mass shooting in America

JLv3.0

Re: Another mass shooting in America

Post by JLv3.0 »

It's barely even news any more, is it. What an incredible state of affairs that something like this only just raises an eyebrow these days.
Simon

Post by Simon »

^^ Exactly that. If America doesn't have a majority in its public or it's politicians to deal with gun ownership then live with the consequences.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I can't keep giving sympathy to a people who won't help themselves.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The last line of the article is the hardest one to digest

“According to US tracking website Gun Violence Archive, the incident is the 150th mass shooting in the US so far in 2019.”

America really is the country equivalent of spending 2 hours looking for your glasses and finding you’re already wearing them. It’s obvious something needs to be done about guns, but fuck it, we’ll pass a law that makes rape victims stick wire coat hangers up their vaginas so they don’t have to have their rapists baby, who they would probably give dual custody to aswell........
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

jamcg wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:45 am The last line of the article is the hardest one to digest

“According to US tracking website Gun Violence Archive, the incident is the 150th mass shooting in the US so far in 2019.”
WTF :shock:

I thought there’d been about ten. As JL said, these things just obviously aren’t a massive deal anymore.

I’ve had the gun conversation many times with American colleagues. General consensus is that we are mental for A: not being allowed them and B: not wanting them.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I thought the stats were about one a day now - I did wonder why some get reported over here and not others.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

The only thought I had when I saw it in the news was that at least it wasn't children this time.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Sadly you probably won't need to wait too long for that either.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

You're probably right. They're mad.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Another day another mass shooting. They only get reported here if it’s in schools or when we have a quiet news day. Remember before Brexit spiced up the shooting reports were continuous.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

As someone had already said, it’s harder and harder to have sympathy for a people who won’t help themselves.😕

RIP to the lost..
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:24 pm Another day another mass shooting. They only get reported here if it’s in schools or when we have a quiet news day. Remember before Brexit spiced up the shooting reports were continuous.
This was in a government building by a government worker, hence why this one gets a mention
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

How many deaths do you need to constitute a "mass shooting"?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

More to the point mate, who needs to be involved in said mass for it to even make the news?!!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:52 am More to the point mate, who needs to be involved in said mass for it to even make the news?!!
The shooter needs to be well tanned for a start, guaranteed mejia coverage!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

'A bunch of caucasian heterosexual middle-aged men were killed today......nah fuck it, no-one will care. Got any stories about cats we can run instead?'
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

unzippy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:45 am How many deaths do you need to constitute a "mass shooting"?
No deaths actually. More than 4 getting shot, either wounded or killed constitutes a mass shooting according to the people who compiled that 150 figure
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

jamcg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 am
unzippy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:45 am How many deaths do you need to constitute a "mass shooting"?
No deaths actually. More than 4 getting shot, either wounded or killed constitutes a mass shooting according to the people who compiled that 150 figure
Ta.

What about a Weapon of Mass Destruction - what's the threshold on that?

IaFG Down Under Division
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

unzippy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 am
jamcg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 am
Ta.

What about a Weapon of Mass Destruction - what's the threshold on that?
The Tony Blair definition is “I don’t care just give me your oil”
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Another two in the last 24 hours

El Paso, Texas in a Walmart- 20 dead, 26 injured, suspected shooter arrested, suspected hate crime against Hispanic people
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49221936

Dayton, Ohio outside a bar- 9 dead, 16 injured, shooter killed by police
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49224816