BBQs

unzippy

Re: BBQs

Post by unzippy »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:04 pm Much better for slow cooking than a metal barbeque. They are pretty pricey but the general idea is that they'll last much longer than a barbeque.
The issue with all the egg/kamado style cookers is that they are ceramic and prone to cracking.
What you need is the Weber Summit Charcoal. It's their first cooker of that style and by all accounts is FG, but being made of the normal materials it will never crack.

https://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk ... rcoal.html

I'd like one of each to add to the collection but I'm not that rich :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ooooof, that is quite a lot of £s
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

That Weber only goes to 300oC, Zips. A proper kamodo goes over 400. And the ceramic is over an inch thick with a lifetime guarantee; you’d have to go some to break it. Also, 85kg round thing is ‘kin hard to lift and correctly position by yourself! 😂

BTW: Entire Aberdeen Angus fillet made good steaks tonight! 😋
Cheers,

Ian
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

As I said, I've not had a go on one. I know the charcoal grill raises and lowers so that you can get the charcoal to within 2" of the food grill. There will be no issues with searing or pizza cooking.

https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker-co ... ill-review

An entire fillet sounds good, I hope you didn't have to share with too many? 8-)
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

My first cook down under on the new Master Touch, on the balcony :lol:

Large bone in pork shoulder, peeled.

Rubbed up.

Thin blue smoke. The grey colour of the bbq is growing on me too, reminds my of the Atlas Grey my first MK1 was.

Some time later.

Even more time later.

IaFG Down Under Division
GG.

Post by GG. »

Looks awesome Zip. How long was it on there for?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

That looks very good. I think I’ll try that on Monday bday. The grey reminds me of Graham’s 997; May just be the lighting though🤷‍♂️

Only 5 of us last night, and I might have the meat sweats this morning! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

So, whilst we deliberate over Webers I nipped to Homebase this morning to pick up a cheap (£25!) kettle, a charcoal chimney starter, some Weber charcoal and some firelighters. Then onto a local Brazilian butchers (my OH is from Brazil) to get an Argentinian Rump Cap and some peppered sausages. Cut the cap into steaks, seasoned with a little rock salt and then onto the BBQ for 90 seconds per side. Lovely. :ugeek: 8-)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

GG. wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:16 am Looks awesome Zip. How long was it on there for?
Went on 11.30pm ish, dialled it in to 225f went to bed, added more charcoal 9am, hit 203f internal about 3pm, wrapped in foil and towels and tested it until dinner time.
Used the leftovers for a big batch of chili con carne 8-)

IaFG Down Under Division
Richard

Post by Richard »

unzippy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:40 am
Used the leftovers for a big batch of chili con carne 8-)
Nice
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Top BBQing there 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I bought a Weber

Just waiting for it to arrive now. Probably tomorrow
Simon

Post by Simon »

Used up the rest of our Rump Cap on another BBQ yesterday. As the remaining slices had been seasoned since Saturday, they tasted amazing. Topped off with some garlic bread and some Guarana Antartica, the spicy sauces and finally some of our own recipe cajun chicken. Nom nom nom.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

We needs pic's ;)
Simon

Post by Simon »

All gone now I'm afraid. I can do a 'post eating' shot if you like, but you might have to wait till tomorrow morning for that...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Why Argentinian beef?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Because it's really nice? <shrug> I dunno. I'm no foodie by any means but I was recommended it by the butcher and the OH and it tasted really good to me. Others on here will know better than me I expect.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Simon wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:22 pm Others on here will know better than me I expect.
Oh you can be sure of that :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Argentinian steak seems to be accepted as one of the best. Places like Gaucho make a deal of the fact they use it. And yeah - it is yummy IMHO.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

They have a long history of cattle farming so I wouldn't be surprised that you can get great beef from there.

It's also one of the global hubs for factory beef farming though so I wouldn't take it as read that just because it's from Argentina it's going to be good.

I personally wouldn't buy beef that's flown half way round the world as there are many excellent choices from here but each to their own :).
An absolute unit