BBQs

duncs500

Re: BBQs

Post by duncs500 »

Meaters are on a discount on Amazon right now if anyone is interested. I've taken the plunge.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Cheers Duncs - I’ve ordered one of the shorter range ones.

ETA: cancelled that abs ordered the Meater+ with the longer range after reading the reviews. Seems worth the extra £15.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Don't say that Jobbo, I ordered the shorter range one. :cry:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:59 am Cheers Duncs - I’ve ordered one of the shorter range ones.

ETA: cancelled that abs ordered the Meater+ with the longer range after reading the reviews. Seems worth the extra £15.
Linky?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Amazon links don't work very well on here, so just go to Amazon and type 'Meater'.

Duncs, they're basically the same; the extended range comes from something in the bamboo box not the probe itself. I just know I'll walk out of range.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I just figured I'll be close to the bbq tending to it (or drinking beer in the garden), so never going to be that far away. Some of the reviews said they couldn't even read it in the oven which was a bit of a worry, but most were happy with it.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I've changed my mind about buying it now and cancelled - I just don't think I'll end up using it :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Ah, I've got grand plans for some low and slow action next year, so it'll come in handy for me. :)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I'll still be using the bbq, I just think I'll try the Meater once and put it away, never to be used again.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Meater.

😂
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I can't fault mine to be honest.

the bamboo holder is attached to the leg of the BBQ and the Bluetooth range is 50 m + so never an issue really - you powerfully built company directors may have bigger gardens... :lol:

Internal and External temps are very accurate.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 pm I can't fault mine to be honest.

the bamboo holder is attached to the leg of the BBQ and the Bluetooth range is 50 m + so never an issue really - you powerfully built company directors may have bigger gardens... :lol:

Internal and External temps are very accurate.
Have you got the plus then Dinny?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

MEATER+ 50 metre Long Range...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Currently reading Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling during my incarceration. It starts out with a lot of detail about the science of bbq and myth busting, and then later goes into recipes. Really interesting actually, I'm learning a lot from it, although I feel I might need to read it again to remember it all.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I got the DJ BBQ Fire Food book for Christmas. Looking forward to doing a few recipes from there.
Left over crest; tightens.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I got a MEATER + for Christmas and use it in the oven also, made the best gammon I’ve ever had.

Looking forward to BBQ weather.

Dave!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 pm Currently reading Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling during my incarceration. It starts out with a lot of detail about the science of bbq and myth busting, and then later goes into recipes. Really interesting actually, I'm learning a lot from it, although I feel I might need to read it again to remember it all.
This is his site - it's where I started learning.

https://amazingribs.com/
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:08 pm I got the DJ BBQ Fire Food book for Christmas. Looking forward to doing a few recipes from there.
I wrote a book?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 pm
duncs500 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 pm Currently reading Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling during my incarceration. It starts out with a lot of detail about the science of bbq and myth busting, and then later goes into recipes. Really interesting actually, I'm learning a lot from it, although I feel I might need to read it again to remember it all.
This is his site - it's where I started learning.

https://amazingribs.com/
Kept it simple for my first foray into low and slow bbq at the weekend. Followed Meathead's "Last Meal Ribs" recipe to the letter, and the results were most excellent! What a genius!

I went for the KC style bbq sauce, which I'm also mightily impressed with. Well excited for this summer now.

I don't know how you do it with charcoal though, I was constantly tweaking the dials to get maintain the temp. I was thinking about complementing my gas with a smoker but now it seems like it might be hard to do! :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They look fantastic Duncs.

Cleaned my Weber at the weekend and I’ve used it twice so far, once to do a couple of steaks and on Monday morning for bacon for my breakfast. Glad I got the extra gas bottle. Weber’s website has a video showing you how to clean a gas grill which is all lies 😂