EU elections

Beany

Re: EU elections

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:14 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 pm
GG. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 pm Ah yes, between Monaco and France. Remind me - is Monaco a member of the EU?
No, but it’s a member of the Schengen area and the EU Customs Territory and VAT Area, inherited via its relationship with France. Would you like some sort of diagram to help you understand that more easily?
I think you’ll find GG is actually a creation of Dominic Raab.
That would explain a lot.
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 pm
GG. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 pm Ah yes, between Monaco and France. Remind me - is Monaco a member of the EU?
No, but it’s a member of the Schengen area and the EU Customs Territory and VAT Area, inherited via its relationship with France. Would you like some sort of diagram to help you understand that more easily?
No thanks. understood it perfectly well before I asked the question.

I did so because it’s an interesting case of highly bespoke arrangements which you seemed totally unaware of as you glibly stated you were exercising ‘free movement’, which... well done, doesn’t apply to Monaco :lol:

Before you embarrass yourself further, Schengen (Monaco only a de facto member not a signatory incidentally) is not ‘free movement’ under the EU treaties which encompasses a right to settle.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7_0ext.pdf

Jobbo can feel free to reverse ferret at his own discretion.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’m sure Raab also knew that Dover was a rather important port... it’s what he said first that made him look an idiot.
GG.

Post by GG. »

That’s more of a weasel than a ferret :lol:

Raab also left Linklaters shortly after qualifying. There may have been a reason for that.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG, maybe you’d like to explain to the European Commission that the Schengen Acquis doesn’t allow freedom of movement. They seem to think it does.

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... chengen_en

Can you also explain the practical differences between being a signatory versus being a de-facto member?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Oh good, this isn't played out yet :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:37 am Oh good, this isn't played out yet :lol:
I just want him to waste his time writing out 14 paragraphs that are nothing but bluster, hot air and pomposity, which I won’t read, before calling him a cunt.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You might be a little less covert than you imagine ;)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Damn it. I can never be subtle.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:37 am Oh good, this isn't played out yet :lol:
It has. He’s posting links which don’t support his argument if you read them and I strongly suspect he also knows but is trying to save face.

I would suggest he just pops down to demand residency in the relevant monagasque government offices on the basis of freedom of movement and see how far he gets.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

He wasn't taking about eeisdency or the right to settle though. You were - unprompted, for some reason. It was only the right to travel that was being discussed.
GG.

Post by GG. »

He said freedom of movement. That bears a specific legal meaning as one of the four freedoms under EU law and includes residency.

If he meant freedom to travel, fine, but as you can see from Monaco, that doesn’t always entail being a member of the EU and funnily enough we’d be almost certain to have visa free travel to these states post Brexit for the purposes of a holiday.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:53 am He wasn't taking about eeisdency or the right to settle though. You were - unprompted, for some reason. It was only the right to travel that was being discussed.
Actually, I said I was exercising my freedom of movement in response to his pointing out I was in France. He then brought up Monaco, which was nothing to do with my statement.

Why I’d be attempting to save face against his utter bilge, I don’t know. He seems to believe he’s won some imaginary internet points for something when, in fact, he’s just being a colossal bell end :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:56 am He said freedom of movement. That bears a specific legal meaning as one of the four freedoms under EU law and includes residency.

If he meant freedom to travel, fine, but as you can see from Monaco, that doesn’t always entail being a member of the EU and funnily enough we’d be almost certain to have visa free travel to these states post Brexit for the purposes of a holiday.
That would require some sort of deal, correct?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Ok so now we’re getting somewhere - so you don’t have freedom of movement vis a vis Monaco despite what you just said above? So that was a lie?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Again - and before this hits 100 pages - I still believe Dave is only talking about freedom to travel. I don't think he wants to move to Monaco. Next.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Has GG ever actually outlined the benefits of Brexit yet? I can remember seeing him (and the other 3 or 4 Brexshitters on here) asked, but have never seen anyone answer??
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:08 am Again - and before this hits 100 pages - I still believe Dave is only talking about freedom to travel. I don't think he wants to move to Monaco. Next.
I’m ignoring his stupidity now. I don’t understand how someone so demonstrably stupid can ever end up as a solicitor. I can’t imagine he’s ever won a case in court.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gavin wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:14 am Has GG ever actually outlined the benefits of Brexit yet? I can remember seeing him (and the other 3 or 4 Brexshitters on here) asked, but have never seen anyone answer??
No. They’ll say “I’ve already outlined the benefits” but can’t show you where. They’ll say “there’s no point in going over it again, we won the referendum”. They’ll make excuse after excuse to not give any facts. Don’t bother, they’ve got absolutely nothing credible to say.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Gavin wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:14 am Has GG ever actually outlined the benefits of Brexit yet? I can remember seeing him (and the other 3 or 4 Brexshitters on here) asked, but have never seen anyone answer??
Standard response - 'oh I've already answered and refuse to again.'