EU elections

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: EU elections

Post by Gavin »

I think we can conclude that anyone voting for a Party that is a company without policies rather than an actual political party probably shouldn't be allowed to vote!

How utterly humiliating to have any Brexit clowns turning up (if they even bother, Farage famously did not) to look utterly stupid and no doubt utterly incompetent.
Last edited by Gavin on Mon May 27, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Come the revolution!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gavin wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:15 pm I think we can conclude that anyone voting for a Party that is a company without policies rather than an actual political party probably shouldn't be allowed to vote!

How utterly humiliating to have any Brexit clowns turning up (if they even bother, Farage famously did not) to look utterly stupid and no doubt utterly incompetent.
You’re talking about people who are happy to throw their once every 5 year opportunity to vote away on a single issue party.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Amazing, Labour have thrown Alistair Campbell out because he admitted to voting for the Lib Dem’s!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Beany

Post by Beany »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm Amazing, Labour have thrown Alistair Campbell out because he admitted to voting for the Lib Dem’s!
A bit rich given how often Corbyn voted against the whip in his time in the backbenches....
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

And Fucking May still droning on "What this has shown is we must compromise on a Brexit Deal" No you fucking twat, that is not what the Euro nor the Local elections showed you waste of oxygen.

If Brexit does go through despite what appears to be a majority not supporting it, it is likely there will be another Indy ref which will happen once it become clear just how shit the UK will be outwith the EU with whatever the Tory fucknuckles can scrape together, no doubt while lining their own pockets.

I know quite a few people who voted to stay in the UK as they were worried about Gordon Brown's dribble about how the only way to stay within the EU and all it's awesomeness was to stay in the UK.

Cameron and May will surely go down as the most disastrous pair of PMs in history.
Beany

Post by Beany »

The Campbell situation gets more entertaining.

drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Gavin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:23 pm
If Brexit does go through despite what appears to be a majority not supporting it, it is likely there will be another Indy ref which will happen once it become clear just how shit the UK will be outwith the EU with whatever the Tory fucknuckles can scrape together, no doubt while lining their own pockets.

I know quite a few people who voted to stay in the UK as they were worried about Gordon Brown's dribble about how the only way to stay within the EU and all it's awesomeness was to stay in the UK.
I'm wondering how Sturgeon will fudge the figures this time on how Scotland is likely to support itself? Being as the bottom is dropping out of the oil and gas market (which will only continue to drop due to the 'climate emergency') where so much of the previous financial hope was pinned on, likely to be a bigger pile of steaming manure than the last set of financials she trotted out.

Also would the EU want another net beneficiary joining to be a drain on the remaining net contributors or would they just say FRO?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Beany wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:34 pm The Campbell situation gets more entertaining.

Obviously quite an old poster (see the 0171 phone number which pre-dates 0207). The question is, when did the rule come in that was used to expel Campbell?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I heard on the radio that the lying deceitful cunt Boris Johnson is being taken to court for being a lying deceitful cunt about Brexit. Hopefully he'll be found guilty, imprisoned, raped to near-death and then hanged in public.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 pm
Obviously quite an old poster (see the 0171 phone number which pre-dates 0207). The question is, when did the rule come in that was used to expel Campbell?
Yeah, it was before the rule was put in place, but it's still a bit of a giggle.

JL, don't let GG hear you say that, apparently it's a 'worrying precedent' that a sitting MP should be asked to back up claims they made on the campaign trail that are demonstrably false, and that he was told that, before repeating the statements again (allegedly, etc)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:24 pm
Yeah, it was before the rule was put in place, but it's still a bit of a giggle.

JL, don't let GG hear you say that, apparently it's a 'worrying precedent' that a sitting MP should be asked to back up claims they made on the campaign trail that are demonstrably false, and that he was told that, before repeating the statements again (allegedly, etc)
How dare the proles question the elite!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Aren't you currently on holiday in the South of France? :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

GG. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:21 pm Aren't you currently on holiday in the South of France? :lol:
He can't live without us
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:21 pm Aren't you currently on holiday in the South of France? :lol:
I am. Making use of my freedom of movement while I still can.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Ah yes, between Monaco and France. Remind me - is Monaco a member of the EU?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Beany wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:34 pm The Campbell situation gets more entertaining.

Tangent. I kinda met Attila The Stockbroker a coupe of years ago. I went to a (bloody excellent, Justin Sullivan) gig at a pub in Shoreham and he was hosting it. Hadn't heard of him previously.
Left over crest; tightens.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 pm Ah yes, between Monaco and France. Remind me - is Monaco a member of the EU?
No, but it’s a member of the Schengen area and the EU Customs Territory and VAT Area, inherited via its relationship with France. Would you like some sort of diagram to help you understand that more easily?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 pm
GG. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 pm Ah yes, between Monaco and France. Remind me - is Monaco a member of the EU?
No, but it’s a member of the Schengen area and the EU Customs Territory and VAT Area, inherited via its relationship with France. Would you like some sort of diagram to help you understand that more easily?
I think you’ll find GG is actually a creation of Dominic Raab.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Shots fired :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?