Wassup benders

exiges

Re: Wassup benders

Post by exiges »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:03 am
IanF wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 pm Jobbo probably meant £30k.
Still nowhere near, that might buy the glazing and the kitchen?
Have you seen the price of bi-fold doors ? Sweet mother of god.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ffs are you lot having such a slow day that I have to explain it in my drunk delirious state?

Exiges started by saying he needed to raise 300k for his extension so sold his cars for that. Jobbo wants 3k for his MX5 so tongue in cheek suggested that he also needs the proceeds of his car sale to fund the cost of the extension.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mitowned! 😂
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

exiges wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am
Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:03 am
IanF wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 pm Jobbo probably meant £30k.
Still nowhere near, that might buy the glazing and the kitchen?
ooh yes. Big money. Mine were over £10k.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Still think that result was EPIC 8-)
Marv

Post by Marv »

WBYC.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 amMitowned! 😂
You absolute fucking spoon 🤣
exiges

Post by exiges »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:32 am
exiges wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am
Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:03 am Still nowhere near, that might buy the glazing and the kitchen?
ooh yes. Big money. Mine were over £10k.

They slide so nicely mate
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Cheers, you’ve got to share the plans of your build on here when you have them - it sounds awesome!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Rich, I’m really keen on similar parquet to yours. What’s the outside floor finish, and can you share any photos of the threshold with the doors open?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 am Rich, I’m really keen on similar parquet to yours. What’s the outside floor finish, and can you share any photos of the threshold with the doors open?
Obviously I want the inside/door track/patio to be more or less level, and it was easy enough building up the levels to get the inside level with the track, but the outside patio floor is “next on the list” at the moment, and I haven’t fully solved the method and I don’t have the money to do it yet.

I think I’m either going to:

1. Decking over-sailing the drip detail to allow drainage whilst maintaining the same level
2. Raised tiles (on pedestals) to do the same
3. Work our some kind of drain across then raise the whole patio.

Currently favouring option 2, but it’ll have to wait for next summer. I think it’ll be more like me asking you how you worked out the detail!

It looks something like this at the moment.

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Cheers for that. I think I’m going to end up not going for parquet purely to keep the internal floor level as close to the other rooms as I can without needing to dig out concrete. In your sketch the parquet doesn’t look too thick though; is it only 10-15mm including whatever substrate is required?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

The profile of the threshold/door tracks was 38mm, which worked out well as on the internal side I had 15mm underfloor heating, 3mm underlay, then 14mm engineered timber floor and 5mm for the trim which covers the expansion gap.

Because the floor is floating I have had to have the cover trim detail and the floor about 5mm below the threshold rather than totally flush, but it’s no big deal in real life.
exiges

Post by exiges »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:35 am Cheers, you’ve got to share the plans of your build on here when you have them - it sounds awesome!
Extension in colour
x1.JPG
x1.JPG (139.96 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
x2.JPG
x2.JPG (175.5 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

What’s inside - is it a particular function? It doesn’t look like you’re particularly short of square footage as it is! 😀
exiges

Post by exiges »

Rich B wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:47 am What’s inside - is it a particular function? It doesn’t look like you’re particularly short of square footage as it is! 😀
To be fair, "isn't your house big enough ?" was on the only resistance we had from the parish council

It'll just be one fuck off big open plan kitchen/living space, plus boot room and shower room downstairs, and then extends some of the living space upstairs.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

exiges wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:45 am
Rich B wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:47 am What’s inside - is it a particular function? It doesn’t look like you’re particularly short of square footage as it is! 😀
To be fair, "isn't your house big enough ?" was on the only resistance we had from the parish council

It'll just be one fuck off big open plan kitchen/living space, plus boot room and shower room downstairs, and then extends some of the living space upstairs.
i can definitely champion the big open plan kitchen/living space concept. Adding it as new space will definitely make it more straightforward than trying to open up the existing rooms (I know from experience) too, especially to get the glass roof and high ceilings.

Good plan, keep the photos/plans coming - there’s a house renovation thread on here that’s a bit quiet at the moment!
ste

Post by ste »

I should update my stuff on it... I'm also finding how cheap bifolds are, I've got 11m of the fuckers.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:32 am

Nice eames chair 8-)
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ste wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 am I should update my stuff on it... I'm also finding how cheap bifolds are, I've got 11m of the fuckers.
I did a load of shopping around - I ended up going for sliding rather than bifolds, because bifolds end up messy when you’ve got long espanses to unfold (mine is 6.5m wide) Plus I figured they’d be closed for most of the year, so 3 big 2m+ wide panels was better than 6/7 small ones. I do sometimes wish I could open the full run completely, but I’d still go sliding if I had the choice again.

I ended up using https://southernwindows.co.uk . It’s pretty essential to physically go and look at them too, the cheapest ones are pretty crap quality - I ended up going for Schuco ones which had a nice lift and lock system which made them child friendly. I was originally fixated on getting the lowest profile mullions too, but again when I saw them in real life the chunky profile of the Schuco ones looked great.