exiges

Re: Dealing with Ferrari

Post by exiges »

Yeah, I do look like I shouldn't be buying one, I have too much class :D

No kids at that point, no
SSO

Post by SSO »

exiges wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:35 pm My experience of Ferrari dealers has been pretty poor. Licence to print, so they don't need to try.

One dealer (Meridian Modena Lyndhurst) wouldn't even let me in the door because he thought I was just there to look at shiny cars (that's what you get for having a showroom in a town centre)

When I picked up my 360 Spider from Graypauls the car was filthy and they made me go to the post office to get my own tax disc before I could drive off !
That is really poor.

When I went to Maranello's years ago in jeans and a t-shirt to look at an F50, I got completely ignored for at least half an hour before one of the salesman reluctantly granted me an audience.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Dealt with somebody called Jonathan Chick at Maranello years ago. What my father would have called a jumped up little prick. Then went to MHT and ended up buying a car from the chap there when he moved to Dick Lovett.

And my experience of Porsche dealers in recent times hasn’t been too good either. Maybe I’m just grumpy today though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I go past the Ferrari Knightsbridge dealership most days, there’s usually people browsing in pyjamas and tracksuits like these
https://www.gucci.com/us/en/ca/men/mens ... activewear

Just dress like a complete cunt in overpriced clothing next time.
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

SSO wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:44 pm I just posted a new article on almost 2 decades of dealing with Ferrari:

https://karenable.com/dealing-with-ferrari/

Comments?
Interesting. How often do you actually get issues with the cars because they’ve not done the job properly or not inspected the car properly afterwards?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
SSO

Post by SSO »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm
SSO wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:44 pm I just posted a new article on almost 2 decades of dealing with Ferrari:

Comments?
Interesting. How often do you actually get issues with the cars because they’ve not done the job properly or not inspected the car properly afterwards?
Several times with Ferrari over the years, Never with McLaren. Once with Porsche.
SSO

Post by SSO »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 pm Dealt with somebody called Jonathan Chick at Maranello years ago. What my father would have called a jumped up little prick. Then went to MHT and ended up buying a car from the chap there when he moved to Dick Lovett.

And my experience of Porsche dealers in recent times hasn’t been too good either. Maybe I’m just grumpy today though.
My experience with Porsche has been pretty bad overall.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

SSO wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Comments?
Several times with Ferrari over the years, Never with McLaren. Once with Porsche.
Interesting. I’m having a nightmare with Ford over my Mustang and it seems good Ford dealers are a rarity. I could have spent my money (same amount) with Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, technically a used Ferrari fell into the budget but that would never be realistic. I’d expect with Porsche (and Ferrari) it would be a case of hard to find a poor dealer. I work in the industry and it feels like the whole customer service element through most manufacturers at all levels is ripe for an overhaul, the way customers are treated is just awful.

Most of the people I work with hate dealers and opt to carry out repair work themselves, unless the car is within warranty or worth something with a full service history.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Comments?
My mate bought a 570S last year; during the first 120 days of ownership, it was back at the dealership for 60! First time it went in with a door issue (think it wouldn’t lock), whilst in, they noticed three fairly major suspension parts weren’t in good condition (new car), so ordered the parts 👍, but there was a back log 👎. Then he had a hvac failure, that required the removal of the dash, they scratched the door card and centre pedestal, so he refused to accept it. All replaced now and they’ve just offered him a package worth ~£12.5k (inc servicing, tyres etc) to accept the car and he’s asked to ensure it goes to him, not stays with the car, because he wants to buy 720S now after we borrowed one. 🙄🤪😂
Cheers,

Ian
SSO

Post by SSO »

IanF wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:25 pm

My mate bought a 570S last year; during the first 120 days of ownership, it was back at the dealership for 60! First time it went in with a door issue (think it wouldn’t lock), whilst in, they noticed three fairly major suspension parts weren’t in good condition (new car), so ordered the parts 👍, but there was a back log 👎. Then he had a hvac failure, that required the removal of the dash, they scratched the door card and centre pedestal, so he refused to accept it. All replaced now and they’ve just offered him a package worth ~£12.5k (inc servicing, tyres etc) to accept the car and he’s asked to ensure it goes to him, not stays with the car, because he wants to buy 720S now after we borrowed one. 🙄🤪😂
720S is a phenomenal car
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

SSO wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:36 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 pm Dealt with somebody called Jonathan Chick at Maranello years ago. What my father would have called a jumped up little prick. Then went to MHT and ended up buying a car from the chap there when he moved to Dick Lovett.

Considering the financial level you're buying cars at is much higher than mine, I find this interesting. So they're poor (IMHO) at my £50k level, and they're poor at your level. So they're chopping off their feet whilst also biting their noses off, or something. How odd. I'd previously thought perhaps they just take care of the GT3 brigade, but perhaps not.
SSO

Post by SSO »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 pm
SSO wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Considering the financial level you're buying cars at is much higher than mine, I find this interesting. So they're poor (IMHO) at my £50k level, and they're poor at your level. So they're chopping off their feet whilst also biting their noses off, or something. How odd. I'd previously thought perhaps they just take care of the GT3 brigade, but perhaps not.
Well....they are consistent.