737 Max

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am

JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 am
I wasn't looking to allocate blame, rather am interested, in the light of new information, how one plane was recoverable and one wasn't. Have you lot synchronised your menstrual cycles or something? :lol:
Worse. I'm in Hull.
The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 4173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by NotoriousREV » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:26 am

Simon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 am
I wasn't looking to allocate blame, rather am interested, in the light of new information, how one plane was recoverable and one wasn't. Have you lot synchronised your menstrual cycles or something? :lol:
Worse. I'm in Hull.
What did you do to deserve that?
Mo’ money, mo’ tard.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Beany » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Simon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 am
I wasn't looking to allocate blame, rather am interested, in the light of new information, how one plane was recoverable and one wasn't. Have you lot synchronised your menstrual cycles or something? :lol:
Worse. I'm in Hull.
Jesus Christ.

I'm so very sorry.

User avatar
Carlos
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 am

Re: 737 Max

Post by Carlos » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:17 pm

mik wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 am

I suspect the earlier pilot suffered runaway auto-trim, switched auto-trim power off, trimmed manually and didn't then switch auto-trim back on. Maybe.
Thats what i'm reading.

My recommendation is to attach big red flashing leds on auto-trim off switches when an error is detected and zip tieing dishwasher accessories onto them to make them easier to turn off.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:12 pm

NotoriousREV wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:26 am
Simon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 am
I wasn't looking to allocate blame, rather am interested, in the light of new information, how one plane was recoverable and one wasn't. Have you lot synchronised your menstrual cycles or something? :lol:
Worse. I'm in Hull.
What did you do to deserve that?
Just popped up for a customer meeting. Home now and absolutely aching from 10+ hours in the car. I won't do that again (as in, there and back in one day, not 'going to Hull')
The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Simon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Another good update from this guy, examining how screwed Boeing are in this case.

The artist formerly known as _Who_

mr_jon
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 am

Re: 737 Max

Post by mr_jon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Just awful. Taking away control from the pilots for the fail.

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2209
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by mik » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Simon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:20 pm
Another good update from this guy, examining how screwed Boeing are in this case.

Excellent insights 😎

Sounds like the crew had quite a fight :(

User avatar
scotta
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by scotta » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:06 pm

mik wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 pm
Simon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:20 pm
Another good update from this guy, examining how screwed Boeing are in this case.

Excellent insights 😎

Sounds like the crew had quite a fight :(
Jeez. That sounds horrendous.

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 4173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by NotoriousREV » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:10 am

Mo’ money, mo’ tard.

User avatar
Orange Cola
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Orange Cola » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51 am

Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 4173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by NotoriousREV » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm

My thoughts exactly. Boeing really fucked up, it seems. Totally driven by the need to outsell the A320 and bollocks to safety.
Mo’ money, mo’ tard.

RobYob
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by RobYob » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:53 pm

:shock: Replacing an intuitive system (yank on stick to disable autotrim) with another button does not seem like a good idea, 20/20 hindsight.

User avatar
Orange Cola
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Orange Cola » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:02 pm

NotoriousREV wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm
My thoughts exactly. Boeing really fucked up, it seems. Totally driven by the need to outsell the A320 and bollocks to safety.
There’s so many points where it’s fallen over, it looks like someone forgot to do any level of failure analysis. Amazed that escaped their own design processes.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:27 pm

The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
IanF
Posts: 1014
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
BMW X5 M50d
Contact:

Re: 737 Max

Post by IanF » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Never rains etc. As it’s fascinating for some of you, I’ll add this latest issue for the 787 - http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guida ... -02-03.pdf

European aviation authority and airlines are happy to accept FAA advice; we’re pushing for an independent review.
Cheers,

Ian

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Ok, so "If it's Boeing, I ain't going".

Got it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2209
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by mik » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:33 am

For reasons best known to my brain, I had quite a restless nights sleep last night, finding myself quite stressed by some testing i had been asked to perform on a modified horizontal stabiliser design for the 737 max.

The process required procurement of both iberico and serrano ham legs, but at no point was their part in the testing process explained. Which caused me further confusion and frustration.

I think this issue should possibly be added to the list of things being looked at by the accident investigators. :?

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 4173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by NotoriousREV » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 am

mik wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:33 am
For reasons best known to my brain, I had quite a restless nights sleep last night, finding myself quite stressed by some testing i had been asked to perform on a modified horizontal stabiliser design for the 737 max.

The process required procurement of both iberico and serrano ham legs, but at no point was their part in the testing process explained. Which caused me further confusion and frustration.

I think this issue should possibly be added to the list of things being looked at by the accident investigators. :?
Were you trying to cure the problem?
Mo’ money, mo’ tard.

User avatar
Orange Cola
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: 737 Max

Post by Orange Cola » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:29 pm

NotoriousREV wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 am
mik wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:33 am
For reasons best known to my brain, I had quite a restless nights sleep last night, finding myself quite stressed by some testing i had been asked to perform on a modified horizontal stabiliser design for the 737 max.

The process required procurement of both iberico and serrano ham legs, but at no point was their part in the testing process explained. Which caused me further confusion and frustration.

I think this issue should possibly be added to the list of things being looked at by the accident investigators. :?
Were you trying to cure the problem?
I usually find myself roasting in similar circumstances.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace

Post Reply